GO!

Cassie's Not Feeling Good!

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Cassie

Cairnattitude - My Way!!

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 7:20am PST 
She was lethargic, not wanting to take her walk when I got home from work yesterday, and she refused dinner, not even canned chicken breast tempted her. I called the vet and she saw her last night, thank goodness they have late appointments and the only thing she could find was a lot of gas on her tummy/in her intestines, so she gave her a shot and a pill and said not to try to tempt her to eat last night. But I could feed her this morning...and I did, and she ate, but now she's acting like she's not feeling so good again. We've seen so many sweet pups get sick and leave their humans lately, my mind is running in all kinds of bad directions.....and praying that this is just a little tummy upset..but Jella goes back tomorrow for a checkup on her dew claw removal incisions, and if Cassie's not totally herself, she's going back, too. We'd sure appreciate some good thoughts or prayers for our sweet puppy mill survivor baby girl!

Cassie's Mom
[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 7:50am PST 
It is so upsetting when our pups are sick and we don't really know why....we are praying for Cassie and Jella too. Did your pet mention giving Cassie a Pepcid? Our vet told us tokeep it on hand for Lex; because he has tummy issues; but keep in mind he is full=grown and larger, so please ask your vet before giving Cassie anything like this. Just a thought. It may just be that her tummy still needs pampering for a few days before it is back to normal. At any rate, please keep us posted and know we are sending our best thoughts.
[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 7:53am PST 
Sorry...I just realized that Cassie is not a puppy....but I do hope she is better by now.
[notify]

Cassie

Cairnattitude - My Way!!

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 7:55am PST 
Dr. Seamans didn't mention Pepcid...but she did sent more medication home with us....1/2 tablet a day in the evening. I just read some of the side effects of the medication...lack of appetite,nausea, diarrhea....so perhaps Cassie's lack of hunger now is caused by the medication.....it's just SO not like her to turn down food of any kind. She just ate some canned chicken breast...but she turned down a treat.

Thank you for your love and good wishes Oliver....we see you often in the forums and you and your human are always so kind and loving!

Cassie and her mom
[notify]
samson

THE BIG MAN

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 8:07am PST 
When Samson has to take medicine that makes him sick to his stomache he takes dramamine. It works great. He was on a sulfur antibiotic that made him to where he wouldn't eat. I called the vet and he said to give him dramamine for the nauseation. It worked awesome. He also takes pepcid everyday. He loves the berry flavored ones.

Good luck.

P.S Samson also has problems with gas issues. My vet said to put beano drops in his food. Or you can use the baby simethicone liquid.

Best wishes
[notify]
~Sophie~

I also answer to- 'Pretty Girl'

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 8:23am PST 
wave I know it is so scary when they are sick. frown It's a good sign that she ate some food though. I keep Pepcid on hand for Sophie also. But maybe just give the meds a little more time to work. wishes
[notify]