GO!

Ocular cancer

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Fleasha

Flea girl

Barked: Fri Jan 9, '09 6:20pm PST 
I just had my right eye removed today due to a large tumor that was growing inside it. I won't know until next week if it's malignent or binine cancer. My mom assures me that I will get used to having one eye and actually enjoy my second life as a "pirate dog". I'm sure there are many other dog's out there that have had an eye removed and I would be greatful to hear stories of your recovery and adjustment.
[notify]
In Loving Memory of Simon

Just- love me!-

Barked: Sun Jan 11, '09 8:32am PST 
Fleashahughughug You are still the same gorgeous pup without one of your eyes. Get better soon, sweetie!
[notify]
Floppy- "Floppy Girl- Angel"

Living Everyday- with a smile

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 10:32am PST 
fleasha, I had one eye removed and I did VERY well. I couldn't do sharp corners, but overall, I had no problems with just using one eye. I'm praying it's not cancer. hughughughughug
[notify]

Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 7:44am PST 
Awww sweetie, so sorry to hear this but I am sure you will adapt really quicky and well. Sending lots of love and good wishes for a speedy recovery.
hug
[notify]
Cinnamon Grrrl

The Little Bad- Wolf

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 11:25am PST 
I still have both eyes, but the left one is completely blind and I get around just fine! So will you!

way to go
[notify]
Fleasha

Flea girl

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '09 7:44pm PST 
Thanks everyone, I had the surgery on Friday and as of Sunday I was starting to feel better and adjust. I've bumped into a few things but overall I'm starting to act and feel like my old self again. No word yet as to what type of tumor it was, still waiting to find out.
[notify]
Floppy- "Floppy Girl- Angel"

Living Everyday- with a smile

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 4:29am PST 
We are praying for you Fleasha...I hope it's not cancer. It takes a little time to adjust, but you will be fine in no time way to go
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Thu Jan 15, '09 1:45pm PST 
hughug Fleasha hughug
[notify]
Fleasha

Flea girl

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '09 12:14pm PST 
Well the doctor called with somewhat good news. They examined my eye at a lab and it was some sort of melanoma cancer. Fortunately it was all contained within the eye and did not show any signs that it had spread outside of the eye. So basically I should be ok and it's just something to watch and make sure nothing new appears in the future.
[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 3:23pm PST 
Fleasha....we just read this and are so glad you are home and doing well. We just know you are going to be a hero to a lot of people and pups and show us all how to adapt and survive troubles. We would love to know how you are progressing . Lots of wuff to you.
[notify]