GO!

zuki not doing too well

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Mr. Zuki- DePoops- (RIP)

Until there are- none, adopt one!

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '09 7:23pm PST 
My baby Zuki has been falling a lot lately. As you may know he has nerve damage in his back leg but there may be something else complicating it. It's been hard these past few days because my husband's not been home. My back is strained from picking him up. The worse are the outside stairs. I can't think of any way around it for him going to the bathroom. He just has to go out that way. Poor guy. We're going to the vet next week. But until then we just have to cope the best we can.
[notify]
River

Always hug your- puppy...

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 9:25am PST 
hug Zuki hug

I have seen other pups with a towel or something wrapped around their belly like a sling? Would that help?

hughughug
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 11:52am PST 
I was thinking the same thing River.

BUT HERE IS ONE READY MADE

AND LOTS OF DIFFERENT ONES HERE
[notify]

Sadie Mae- Mae

the mazester

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 12:10pm PST 
In our prayers

hughughug
[notify]
Raven RIP- 9/17/97-12/1- 6/08

Running free- with Daddy at- the Bridge

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 3:34pm PST 
You can use a towel, rolled into a long "snake" looped under his belly so you can help lift his hind end. Meanwhile, check this product out:

Hind end harness

Edited by author Wed Jan 7, '09 3:35pm PST

[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 4:05pm PST 
OH, Zuki.....so sorry to hear you are having a hard time...you have been such a good friend to us. We agree that a sling would help you; or if you have someone who can help you with a ramp, that you be even better. Does Zuki take any meds for pain....Oliver had to in his later years and it really helped him a lot. We will be praying for you Zuki.
[notify]
Mr. Zuki- DePoops- (RIP)

Until there are- none, adopt one!

Barked: Wed Jan 7, '09 7:26pm PST 
we've done the sling before when he had his intial surgery. i mean it was just a towel but yup it helped. i would consider the sling if my husband had to be away for longer.

I wish we could get a ramp but I think the stairs are too steep outside. he does ok on the inside ones most of the time. we could use a big rug for the floor too but can't afford one. frown
[notify]
Braxton

What's mine is- mine-what's- yours is mine

Barked: Fri Jan 9, '09 10:00am PST 
hughughugZukihughughug
[notify]
The Chicago- Crew of- Angels

Recycle- Love--Adopt!

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 2:39pm PST 
hug zuki hug
[notify]
Daisy

Born- to be- Wild!

Barked: Sat Jan 10, '09 8:10pm PST 
So sorry to hear about Zuki. I know how hard it is. We had an elder GSP who had very weak hind legs at the end--but she was determined to go up and down our steps. I used the towel but it was hard, and like you, my own back is not in such great shape.
Our thoughts are with you.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4