GO!

Immune-Mediated Thrombocytopenia

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Sam H

Ambassador for- Adoption!

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '08 5:54pm PST 
HI, My sister Tika has been diagnosed with this disease. Does anyone have any information about it?
She is currently on high doses of Prednisone and had an initial count of 10,000. She had big bleeds on her tummy and legs.
We are so worried about her. If you know any information please share it with us. Thank you.hug
[notify]
Roswell,- CGC, NPC

Fly free, Beau.- Cancer sucks :(

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '08 9:13pm PST 
hugSorry to hear about Tika. cry Auto-immune diseases sure can be very difficult to deal with.

There's a pup on here named Mica that is really big into researching this after she went to the Bridge from AIHA. You might want to check out her page, as I am sure she has a lot of links to various resources for it.

I hope Tika's feeling better soon! wishes
[notify]
Tika

Just call me- putt putt!

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '08 12:41pm PST 
Thank you.hug
[notify]

VI Pack

This is our- family

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '08 7:10am PST 
please go to Plus Informational - Mica's IMHA Research thread for more information on this disease and how you can help fight it.
[notify]
Cherokee- Forever- Loved Cherry

Our Precious- Angel Cherry

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '08 7:47am PST 
We also have a group for IMHA

http://www.dogster.com/group/Immune_mediated_hemolytic_anemi a_aka_imha_or_aiha-5860

You should find some info there!!

Feel free to pmail me!!!
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Sat Dec 20, '08 7:52pm PST 
I'm sorry to hear about your sister. A few months ago a vet diagnosed Gunner with the same disase. Thankfully a few rounds of steroids cleared everything up for us. It was so scary seeing him peeing blood and purple bruises all over his little body. hug We are keeping your family in our prayers.

Edited by author Sat Dec 20, '08 7:54pm PST

[notify]
Tika

Just call me- putt putt!

Barked: Tue Dec 30, '08 3:07pm PST 
Thanks Gunner.I hope I get to be strong again like you!hug
[notify]