GO!

Hi, I am a stray named " Drifter"

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Drifter R- I P

Gone to the- Bridge to early

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 7:36am PST 
I didn't have a good time for Dog knows how long. My now FD found me on a busy highway when I almost got killed. He stopped his rig and saved me. I had porcupine quills in my paw and was really hurting. Mt FD pulled them out and for that part I felt better. He noticed I had burrs buried in my fur but had no way of getting them out. He saw there was a cut and some blood just under my ear but couldn't see how bad.
For 2 days we travelled in this big truck until we got to Nova Scotia. That is when I met my FM. She use to be a groomer so getting the burrs off was no biggie. When she got them off, she saw how bad I was injured. It was really late and I wasn't bleeding etc. so she took me to the vet the next morning. Turns out it is a very serious injury. Besides the 2 inch long cut.. in that were 2 puncture wounds that went deep into my ear canal. Mom said it seemed like I was deaf or very hard of hearing in that ear. The vet confirmed it. So the vet washed out the punctures and when she squirted the solution in the wounds it came out my ear confused .I got stitches but some is left open to drain. I should know in about 3 - 4 weeks if my hearing is ok in that ear. If the scar tissue forms, I will need surgery.
Now I am only about 10 mths old. So please pray that I recover compleletly and don't need surgery or remain deaf in that ear.
dog
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 7:57am PST 
What a sweet pup. Thank Dog a good person found you and is taking care of you. We will keep you in our prayers. hughughug
[notify]
Ruby

Beauty and- Brains

Barked: Thu Dec 11, '08 8:14am PST 
Hi Drifter,

What a story!

Your FD and FM are wonderful people. Tell them it is okay if you can't hear. My sister Sydney doesn't hear much and she is just fine.

Sending the power of the paw that you get better soon. way to go

And hugs to you and your furever family. hughughug

Keep us posted on your progress. We love to hear success stories!

Ruf,
dog
Ruby
[notify]

Sam H

Ambassador for- Adoption!

Barked: Fri Dec 12, '08 10:34am PST 
It was meant to be that you were rescued by such a great two legger. Keep on getting strong and healthy and most of all enjoy your life...xxx
[notify]
Drifter R- I P

Gone to the- Bridge to early

Barked: Fri Dec 12, '08 2:55pm PST 
Thank you everyone for the well wishes. FM told me of a couple of cats and a few other doggies she had that were deaf and one that was blind and deaf. She said it was no biggie to her. She knows what to do.

So far nobody has claimed me. FM says she will keep trying places all over New Brunswick. Being a Border Collie mix... just because I was found in one place, don't mean I am from that area. FM is getting me to have some manners. Everytime she tries, I get the zoomies snoopy
[notify]
Link

Barked: Sun Dec 14, '08 8:24pm PST 
Oh my gosh, Drifter. What an amazing looking dog! God bless your Foster parents. hug
[notify]
Ellie

God Bless Our- Troops!

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 9:16am PST 
Aww I'm so glad you have a great place to stay and everything is getting taken care of.
I hope everything turns out great hug.
[notify]
Gretchen

Please play with- me!

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 11:42am PST 
Hey Drifter! I am so glad that your wonderful Dad stopped and helped you. What wonderful people you have.

wave
[notify]
Little Girl

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 1:42pm PST 
Boy Drifter, that sure would be nice if these nice people can keep you forever so you don't have to keep drifting around. I lucked out with my forever home 4 yrs ago. Mom tried to find me a home after she brought me back to health and then changed her mind when someone else wanted to take me and I've been with her ever since. I'm the little princess of the house.
[notify]
Nadiya KC- Dog- Advocates

Member of KC Dog- Advocates.

Barked: Sun Jan 4, '09 8:23pm PST 
Well I think if Drifters FM or FD don't have any luck finding his owners, Drifter already has a forever home he has taken their hearts and his too.

You sure were blessed to be rescued by a kind 2 legger, I wish the best for you and your *new* family.
[notify]