GO!

Sick rat

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Monty

For ever in my- heart

Barked: Fri Nov 28, '08 4:50pm PST 
I know this isn't to do with dogs but I really need some support.

My one year old male rat is ill. He has a major head tilt (he has his head right to the side), has a loss of balance and he runs in circles when he's on the ground. We took him to the vet and they said it is either an ear infection or a brain tumor. I really don't want it to be a tumor. Thy gave us Baytrill and said if he isn't better in a week take him to a small pet vet.

I would love to here from other rat owners and any support is greatly appreciated.

The reason I posted on Dogster is because there weren't any rat forums nd Dogster pups are so friendly and supportive.
[notify]
Last Ehco- RPT CGN RNCL

in dog training- jerk\'s a noun- not a ver

Barked: Fri Nov 28, '08 6:27pm PST 
wave to a fellow ratty owner! I got my first ratty earlier this year, & absolutely love him to death. I'm afraid I don't have any advice or tips, but I truly hope it's not a tumor & that your little guy gets better soon. Ratty hugs & positive thoughts sent your wayhughughug
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Fri Nov 28, '08 9:44pm PST 
hughug
I hope it's just an ear infection!
A friend of mine owns two rats (ones hairless big grin) They are absolutely wonderful pets. I really hope your rat gets better hughug
[notify]

Angus The- Warrior

Wag well and wag- often.

Barked: Fri Nov 28, '08 11:17pm PST 
Sending pawsitive energy to the little one and hoping for a speedy recovery. My Mom's family has had pet rats for many years. I had a wonderful Russian Blue Dumbo brother whom I adored.
[notify]
Monty

For ever in my- heart

Barked: Sat Nov 29, '08 2:49am PST 
Hi guys here's something amazing. Today Dee's health deteriorated and he was slumped in a heap in the corner of his cage and we rushed him to a rat vet thinking we would loose him. They gave the same prognosis as the other vet but gave us an anti-inflammatory as well. Well tonight Dee is much better! He can sit up, walk where he wants and has only a slight head tilt. We are delighted but still know we are not out of the woods yet. We are very happy he is better. Thank you for your support.hughughugsnoopy
[notify]
Bert

They call me the- Bum

Barked: Sat Nov 29, '08 12:42pm PST 
way to go Fellow ratty here too. I have 3 and you are right there are not enough forums for us rat lovers. I had my 3 neuter on Friday and they are doing very well, yes they do neuter and spay rats, and it's not cheap!big laugh

It does sound like an ear infection, let's hope it is and he continues to heal more everyday.
[notify]
Oliver PAWS

<3s tennis- balls, peanut- butter, & Fling

Barked: Sat Nov 29, '08 2:08pm PST 
Mom has a friend who has rats, and mom wants to meet them.

I really hope your rat gets better.
[notify]
Monty

For ever in my- heart

Barked: Sat Nov 29, '08 8:43pm PST 
Hi Bert, Bol it seems the smaller the animal the dearer the spay/neuter is. We neutered our rabbit and it cost $100.

UPDATE:

This morning Dee was back to looking abnormal. We gave him his meds and this afternoon he is looking better. I really hope he heals.
[notify]
Zippy Aaron

im a - GREAT GREY WOLF!- well blonde!

Barked: Sat Nov 29, '08 9:01pm PST 
hello to all my ratty friends i dont own rats but man i wish i did i am not a vet but i have worked with them and it sound more like an ear infection to me my rabbit got one and did the same. so rats wishes and more!hugwishes
[notify]
Noelle

lost and found

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 1:05pm PST 
Not that your questions aren't welcome here, but..
I used to have rats and this is a forum I used.

http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,1 18/forum,rat

I'm glad the little guy is feeling better!dancing
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2