GO!

Vet dxed Autumn with Lymphoma yesterday

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Autumn

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '08 11:08am PST 
We see oncologist Tues so I'll know more then.
In the meantime, I'm looking for good thoughts and prayers, food/treat ideas, etc.

I'm also wondering about ballpark cost of each treatment.
I know there are different options/costs but...

I have enough to cover Tuesday's visit, but how much might I need for the next visit?
Got approved for $500 with CareCredit so that helps but I need to pay mortgage, etc too!
[notify]
Roxy My Love- 12/06-1/08

Attitude with- Bounce

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '08 12:24pm PST 
I wish you all the best and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

My Roxy was diagnosed with Lymphoma at 10 months old. As long as she had the fight in her; I would fight for her regardless of the cost. She went thru 2 back surgeries, radiation, chemo, ultrasounds, MRI's, catscans...you name it. We were only able to have another 4 months or so with her but I wouldn't change that time for the world. To see her run again at her favorite beach, have her first plate of turkey on Thanksgiving, open her presents on X-mas and ring in the new year are memories that I will cherish forever.

Everyone is different in what they are willing to do. My dogs are my kids! When my cousin was diagnosed with cancer we didn't put him to sleep...something to think about.

I started cooking her meals such as ground beef and turkey with eggs and maybe some carrots. Started putting fish oil on her food and basically pumped up the proteins to help her immune system. Boy did she love it!

Again, my thought are with you.
[notify]
Autumn

Barked: Sat Oct 18, '08 12:49pm PST 
No, putting her down is not an option right now!

I just need to think/plan ahead as much as possible financially.
There are 5 other kids here that cost money too...rabbit, turtle, cat and 2 humans (one of which has Autism).

It's getting cold here now. I'll put up a hot chocolate stand on my corner if I have to!lol

Thanks!
[notify]

Saybel

porky ilove my- food

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '08 8:11am PST 
Our thoughts are with you we know how you feel.Our Baby Saybel was diagnosed with lymphoma on April 9th 2007. We did chemo treatments for a 9 month protocol and we lost her on Feb 22nd 2008.She fought a tough battle and was my brave girl. Try to keep positive as your baby will feel EVERYTHING off of you. Where do you live? I have a friend right now fighting cancer with her black lab and shes doing all kinds of things chemo chinese herbs etc... and doing well.hughug
[notify]
Autumn

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '08 12:15pm PST 
Thanks all!
I'm in Pennsylvania.

Anyone have experience with/opinions on Blue Wilderness?

http://bluebuff.com/products/dogs/wilderness.shtml

Went into Pet Smart and there happened to be a rep there today.
She told me the owner/founder (whatever the title might be) had a dog with Cancer.
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Sun Oct 19, '08 12:27pm PST 
wave Hi Autumn!

I have heard that cancer cells feed off of carbs, so go grain-free. I'm sure other pups have more ideas for you. Search the groups, I am sure there are cancer support groups here at Dogster.

Angel had lymphoma too. By the time she was diagnosed, it was too late. cry Fight hard and we will cheer you on!
[notify]
Saybel

porky ilove my- food

Barked: Mon Oct 20, '08 8:20am PST 
Hi even though you are in the States you can check out this website here in Canada its my friend who has a lab going through chemo and chinese herbs its www.creaturecomfort.ca there is info on there and if you have questions she will do everything she can to help you. Angel is right NO CARBS for your baby carbs give energy and that helps the cancer grow too!!! Let me know if you find this website helpfulhughughug
[notify]
Roxy

Roxy the Miracle- Doxie

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 8:56pm PST 
I'm so sorry about Autumn's diagnosis. It isn't easy to know what to do. There is a lot of information out there. When Roxy was diagnosed with Lymphoma I decided to go with chemo. Lymphoma can be very responsive to chemo. My guideline was always that I would stop when the chemo didn't help or when it made her sicker than the disease. In Roxy's case the chemo did more damage to her immune system than it did to the lymphoma. I could go on forever but, here are a few of the things I did: No carbs, lots of fish oil. I don't normally like prescription diets but there is one developed specifically for cancer and the science behind it seems sound. I wish I could remember the name of it. The diet was high in the amino acid arginine.

In any case, I wish you lots of loving, quality time with Autumn. My heart is with you. I spent lots and lots of time on Dogster and the support I received was incredible.
[notify]
Ruby

Girls just like- to have fun

Barked: Tue Oct 21, '08 9:07pm PST 
Also there is a non profit organization that helps with medical. But I can't think of the name of it. Any of you Dogsters know what i'm talking about /
thinking
[notify]
Autumn

Barked: Wed Oct 22, '08 4:46am PST 
Every Tuesday will be chemo day until further notice.
We started the VCAA protocol yesterday(10/21).
If all goes well, it'll be 4 wks, take 1 wk break and do again for 4 wks.

I started salmon oil and am slowly switching to Innova Evo.

Thanks again!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2