GO!

I am having surgery today.

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Sat Jul 26, '08 6:33pm PST 
Sam is through the tough part. His doctor says he is doing very well. He was upgraded from critical to stable this morning. We hope the worst is over. There's still a few last hurdles to clear but all in all it has gone as well as we could have hoped for.

We're pulling for you too Taco.
[notify]
Taco

Dr. Taco, at- your service!

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '08 7:31am PST 
way to go Awwww Sam, we're so glad to hear you're better. Big sigh from mom. You keep on the mend ok, get well soon cuz we worry. Thank you for thinking of me too. Dog Bless you and your woofderful family.

Taco and family. hug hug hug hug
[notify]
Max

Macho Man!

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 10:12am PST 
Sam we are so glad that the rough part is over. Now just rest and before long you can play again. We will keep you in our prayers.hughughughug
[notify]

Wilson

Cheese Please!!

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 11:00am PST 
Hi Sam! My mommy and I are praying for you. We're happy to hear you are recovering well. Keep it up!
wishes

Kisses,
Wilson
[notify]
Sam

Where's the- food?

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 6:45pm PST 
Sam came home today. His doctor said he has done remarkably well. Other than looking like he's been through quite an ordeal, Sam is pretty much back to his old self. In all honesty, this has been nothing short of a miracle.

I haven't mentioned this yet but since he's going to be OK I thought I'd share the rest of the story...

When he went in for surgery on Friday Sam's doctor called us around 2pm and said that the tumor in Sam's abdomen was so large that it had engulfed his aorta and part of one of his kidneys. The initial prognosis was that there was no reason to even continue the surgery. We had made the decision to let Sam go. We were to the point that we were making arrangements for his ashes. We thanked the doctor for his efforts and told him that we knew he had tried his best. And with that we began to mourn the loss of our friend.

This was at 2pm on Friday. At 2:30 the phone rang. It was Sam's doctor. He had decided that since there was nothing to lose he took a shot at removing the tumor. He told us that the tumor had come out a lot easier than he'd anticipated and he thought we should give Sam a shot at surviving the surgery. We happily agreed and, well you know the rest. Sam came through with flying colors. We were amazed, the doctor was amazed, the office staff was amazed. Sam is home and doing very well. It was the darnedest thing I have ever been a part of.

Someone up there likes him...a lot. Thank you all again for the wonderful words of support and all the prayers. It meant a lot to us and even more to Sam. What a weekend.
[notify]
Taco

Dr. Taco, at- your service!

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 7:10pm PST 
Oh my Dog!! Sammy!!! That's the saddest and the greatest news I've heard!! Ohhhh... thank you Dogtor Vet for giving it another shot! happy dance I am sooooo yappy!!! WTG Sammy and family!!! yeah!!!!!
[notify]
~Angel (RIP- 11/20/07)~

Busy sprinkling- angel dust all- day

Barked: Tue Jul 29, '08 8:48am PST 
OMD! What a miracle! Thank Dog for your vet who didn't give up. hughughughug So happy to hear he is home and doing well. Please keep us updated. wisheswisheswishes
[notify]
Max

Macho Man!

Barked: Tue Jul 29, '08 10:42am PST 
That was a miracle, I'm so glad the dr. kept trying. God does watch over us little ones,he did create us too.hug
[notify]
Moose - CGC, TD

I am a fighter- who loves to- live life!

Barked: Tue Jul 29, '08 12:19pm PST 
Sam, I had a big surgery last Tuesday, so I know what you're going through. My prayers for you and your family. hug
[notify]
Indiana

Yay! More- Walkies!

Barked: Tue Jul 29, '08 4:51pm PST 
Way to go Sam! You rock!cheer

Now you continue to heal up and get better!

Get well soon!

hughughug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3