GO!

Zuki fainting: advice needed

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Mr. Zuki- DePoops- (RIP)

Until there are- none, adopt one!

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 5:12pm PST 
Any advice? As you may know Zuki had a heart condition. (you can read back in his diary to catch up)

Zuki collapsed two nights ago. He coughed hard then went on his side and moaned really loud. Then his arms started twitching like he might have a seizure. Then he panted for a few seconds but then it passed. It was really scary. He did it earlier in the day when I was not around.

We called his vet and he is consulting with the cardiologist to see if we need to change his meds. The vet thinks he fainted from lack of air. I am so scared this will happen when we are not around and he will not be able to breath.

If anyone has gone through this just let us know we are confused and scared.

Thanks,
Aimee (Zuki's mom)
[notify]
Oliver -- My Beloved -

Dogs make you a- better human

Barked: Mon May 5, '08 8:37pm PST 
Hi Zuki....I know there are other dogs on Dogster who have fainted with heart problems; but Oliver never did. So, I don't have that experience; but is Zuki on the new drug Vetmedin? It has helped so many dogs and is fairly new--Oliver started it; but too late to help. For some,it is a miracle drug; might ask your vet about it--also I sent you a pawmail. Love to Zuki from his friend Angel Oliver.
[notify]
Champy ( In- Loving- memory )

Mom's- Angel

Barked: Tue May 6, '08 3:32pm PST 
Hi Zuki and Mommawave

My beloved Champy had heart condition, and yes, at one point he did the exact same thing. fell on his side and I picked him up suddenly, and slapped softly his face to wake up. I guess it was my reflexion.
My vet had told me, that his heart was starting to fail even more.
Champy was on meds too for 3 years prior his passing, but I guess it came to a point that there was nothing else to do.
We did ultrasounds, and it revealed that his heart was enlarged to the max, and touching his Trachea, and that made it difficult for him to breath too.

It will be normal for Zuki to have certain episodes, due to his heart.
I pray for Zuki to get better, with all my heart, cause, it is difficult to see when they fall like that! I've been there and seen it.
I wish you the best of luck, and when he has episodes of coughing, they have told me to Tap gently his nose repeaditly, till he stops coughing. I did that with my Champy, and it did help.
Love, Champy's mom!!

hug
[notify]

Pepe - Forever Loved

Running wild at- the Bridge

Barked: Wed May 7, '08 11:40am PST 
Awww Champ's mum. It is really hard to see our babies like this isn't it? I have sent Zuki's mummy a couple of pmails about what Pepe is on and what I do when he has his episodes. He had them really frequently at one time now they are few and far between. Regarding the coughing, I haven't heard of tapping the nose before, I am going to try that.
hug
[notify]
Tucker - My Forever- Smiley Boy

Never stop- smiling.........- ..........

Barked: Sun May 11, '08 5:26pm PST 
waveHi Zuki! Momma is going to Pmail ya..........
[notify]
Fade To Black

Drama..ITS- OVERRATED! =]

Barked: Tue May 20, '08 5:33pm PST 
I dont have any experience with this..but I wish you to get well pup!
Doggie Hugs!

Fade
[notify]
Jay-Jay

:-)

Barked: Fri Jun 6, '08 11:31am PST 
This is the first time I amseeing this thread Zuki. I was rushing to woof you to p-mail my pal Pepe, but I am so happy to see that Pepe already came to the rescue!

Feel better Zuki!
[notify]
Mr. Zuki- DePoops- (RIP)

Until there are- none, adopt one!

Barked: Sat Mar 21, '09 10:32pm PST 
Zuki has fainted again. 2 times in the last 3 days. Once it was after he went up the stairs and tonight it was after we had come home after being out. He tends to pant heavily afterwards. We have a call into our vet who is out until Monday. frown
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '09 1:16pm PST 
Awww Zuki so sorry to hear this is happening again. I know it's frightening for your parents when this happens. I am now at the Bridge due to congestive heart failure. I think you must have something going on here also. What you are having is a syncope due to a lack of blood flow or oxygen to the brain.

HERE IS AN ARTICLE ON IT

Anyway, I hope your vet is on to it now hug
[notify]
Pepe - Forever Loved

Running wild at- the Bridge

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 7:15am PST 
Oops, that was meant to be me that posted that not Rosie. She, thankfully, is not at the Bridge!cloud 9
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2