GO!

Why do so many dogs get cancer?

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Jasmine

unconditional- love

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '07 5:55pm PST 
Thanks Reese I am going to check out this book. Im very concerned about the food.
[notify]
♥Dale- Bo♥

Live simply,- Love- generously,Care- deeply

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 4:46am PST 
i AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS OF JASMINEhug
[notify]
Levi,- PAWS-My- Guardian- Angel

Can't keep a- cattle dog down- :)

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '07 9:39pm PST 
Well, none of us has had cancer that we know of. My brother Ringo had a large bleeding tumor on his spleen, but it wasn't checked out to see if it was malignant...
When I became paralyzed last summer, my mama first went traditional then holistic and she read some interesting things.
We believe diet, vaccines, flea control, heartworm meds and anesthesia all can contribute to overall poor health. (My mama works at a vet hospital that has changed it's vaccine protocol to every 3 year vaccines on a 1 yr rotation).
But you're right- even pets whose owners do everthing "right" can end up with cancer...
We are so sorry to hear about the pups fighting cancer, but you may want to also look into some of the natural ways to help...
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '14 8:53am PST 
to all of you who have lost your best beloved friends.the hurt there is like no other.I LOST MY BEST AND DEAREST FRIEND 2 YEARS AGO AND THE HURT DOESN,T GET ANY EASIER.my daughter has had 2 labs and they both died of cancer.her lab now has cancer of the nasal cavity.Why I will never understand .I haven,t heard of that.IT just does not make any sense .Has any one else had a dog with cancer of the nasal cavity?It goes to show you that cancer can be found anywhere MY HEART GOES OUT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. GOD BLESS
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '14 2:04pm PST 
This is a very old thread my friend.. but none the less pertinent.

I am so sorry for your losses.

Nasal cancer isnt rare... there are several pals on here how have sadly gone the same way.

"Cancer" per se is often an accumulation of other things that cause the rogue cells.

It is the number one killer of animals... and that is because in humans it was too.. but science is struggling to address that .

In animals they are too.. but veterinary medicine has as hard a time ... if not harder than human medicine. Their patients cant talk..

Sending you many hugssssss

hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2