GO!

Max feels Sick

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 11:23am PST 
Hi everyone,

My brother Max doesn't feel like himself today. He's got constipation and he just doesn't feel good at all. One of his paws might be hurt too, because he whined when Mom touched it and he refuses to go up or down the steps now. :-( He also whines when Mom touches too close to his behind, and on his belly.

He's resting now on some blankets mom put out for him so that he doesn't have to lay on the cold tile. Mom got him to drink some water too. He didn't even do anything except lift his head up when I started barking like a mad-dog at something outside!!

Mom tried to take him for a walk to loosen up his bowels (that's what works for Socks when she has trouble) but he still didn't go and he didn't act like himself either. Anyone who saw him would've thought he was a well trained dog in a "heel" but really it was Max feeling too sick to be excited about walking!! Poor boy... right after his b-day too. Mom hopes that bone she got him isn't causing it.

Can you please keep Max in your thoughts/prayers for a speedy recovery?

Thanks.

Jasmine
Mackenzie

Moose-digger- Extraordinaire!

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 12:44pm PST 
Aw, we hope Max feels all better soon. It is definitely a bad day when you're not excited to go for a walk! We're sending some "moosedog magic" your way!
[notify]
Taz - In Loving- Memory

For Little- Bit - DIE CANCER DIE-

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 1:41pm PST 
If Max is still constipated, try giving him a little bit of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling, but the actual canned pumpkin). It's a natual laxative and okay for dogs. And try to keep him drinking water.

Hope he gets well soon!!! We'll be thinking about him.
[notify]

Maxwell

Oh oh oh! Pick- me pick me!

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 2:24pm PST 
Thanks Mackenzie and Taz. Taz, my mom gave me some canned pumpkin... she was worried I would refuse to eat it, but I gobbled it up right away! I hope it helps... Now I whine because my tummy hurts even when I'm laying down. Oooh I hope this passes soon. :-(
Taz - In Loving- Memory

For Little- Bit - DIE CANCER DIE-

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 4:51pm PST 
Ahhh Max, hope the pumpkin helps. If it doesn't, tell you Mom to call the docter - okay? Hugs and licks and stuff...Taz
[notify]
Bella Beans

Original Dogster- DIVA praying for- Rusty

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 5:06pm PST 
Awww...Max, I sure do hope you feel better soon! If you are not feeling better by tomorrow your Mommy should take you to the doctor. Meanwhile my sister and I are adding you to our prayers...feel better!
[notify]
Ricki

Is it time to- play ball?

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 5:23pm PST 
We hope you are better Max
[notify]
Maxwell

Oh oh oh! Pick- me pick me!

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 6:18pm PST 
Thanks guys. Yep, if I don't poop by tomorrow then mom is going to whisk me away to the vet. Good news though! I'm walking around more and I just drank water out of my bowl on my own (versus mom having to put water in her hand to get me to drink). I also went down the stairs real good, and I walk better and don't look as sick. I've been pottying normally too this whole time, that's gotta be a good thing. I do whine a little bit still. I hope this was just a one-day thing. I'm not thrilled about having to go to the vet but I don't think I'll have any choice once mom decides to load me into the car.

Thanks again everyone, I really appriciate the support!

Other posts by this user

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '05 7:38pm PST 
I hope you feel better soon, Max!!! I'll do a special prayer for both you and that other dog, Hope, tonight.
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Sun Jul 24, '05 6:37am PST 
Well, last night mom got worried about Max. She didn't want to wait until morning to go to the vet and since he just wasn't trying to go poo still, she decided to take him to the vet. So Max went off to a 24 hour vet clinic where they examined him. The vets there said that they didn't think there was any blockage because if there was he would be vomiting, and that they could feel that his stool is loose. Mom says that Max laid down in the doorway of the vets office and refused to go in there, but when the vet came out he was a brave boy. Mom says he didn't even whine/yelp at the vets, but he did when he came home. I sure missed him while he was gone. Glad he didn't have to stay overnight.

The vet also said that he may be starting to get some arthritis and that's why he's so reluctant to go up or down stairs. Poor boy, I hope this doesn't mean he won't be able to play with me. :-(

He tried really hard to go poo last night and he might've been a little successful. He has to be on a special diet for a few days to settle his tummy.

Right now he's laying on the pillows and blankets again, but he still won't get up. He slept there last night. He sure was excited when we all got up because his tail was waggin and he just looked so happy, but he still wouldn't get up.

I'm going to be sooo happy once he feels better again!!

Thanks again everyone... smile

~Jasmine
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2