GO!

Help

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '05 9:46pm PST 
Hi Polly. Your tooth looks yucky. I know you are over there, and I'm over here, but I wanted to tell you we all hope you find a good vet who will help out!
[notify]
*POLYESTER*

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '05 11:12pm PST 
i want to thank everyone for their help. we have made an appt to get a full accessment of what needs to be done. we feel once we are fully informed of our options we can talk to other vets with more confidence and perhaps find better options. please keep the advice coming, it has not only been helpful to us, but some friends as well
[notify]
Kira (In- Memory)

Is it snack time- yet?

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '05 10:51pm PST 
I agree with everyone, first try calling different vets to see which will offer you a payment plan. If no luck there, try calling no-kill shelters to see if they have a volunteer vet that comes in to do spays/neutering. If they do, maybe you can convince them to help you at a reduced rate and/or payment plan or work your bill off by volunteering at the shelter. Do you have an ASPCA near you? I believe they have a program that will do veterinary work on a pet for free if you qualify. Lastly, have you considered the newspapers or TV stations? Tell them how you saved her from almost certain death on the street and how you now need help with veterinary bills. If you can get on the TV news, that will bring a response from people willing to help.

Xena *Warrior Princess*

The Lone Wolf.

Barked: Thu Jul 7, '05 2:03am PST 
Awwww poor wee Polyester, i'm glad that yer gonny bark tae other vets, 'cause most vets should be able tae help oor moms oot when fings like that happen....Keep us posted
[notify]
*POLYESTER*

Barked: Sat Jul 16, '05 10:03am PST 
i have some better news. for one she is not in pain the root is entirely dead so i have a little more time. 2nd i have managed to talk the vet down from $540 to $292. it's still expensive, but feasible. my only problem is i only have 30 days to come up with all the money or the price will climb again, due to costs that she already incurred today at the vet will be lapsed and they will charge me again for them. i have talked to a lot of other vets and so far i have not found one that will allow payments. me and poly are not out of the water yet, but at least we're still swimming.
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Sat Jul 16, '05 11:57am PST 
I hope all goes well for you, Polyester!!! I'm going to have to say special prayers tonight for everyone on Dogster!!!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2