GO!

Help

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
*POLYESTER*

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 12:11pm PST 
i don't know if this is appropriate or not, but i'm in a bind and i'm willing to try anything. polyester has a broken tooth that is getting pretty bad. the vet says it will cost anywhere between $400-600 for the removal. i am posting a picture of it on her profile. please do not take this as a solicitation. yes i can not afford it at this time, but i am primarily looking for anyone who can offer me alternatives or wisdom on how they have dealt with vet bills that they can't afford. perhaps advice on how to persuade a vet to allow payments or how to decifer what is absolutly neccesary and what i might beable to do without right now. the pic is there for anyone who might know a little about how bad it is and what i may do to help onmy own until i can afford this. thank you , polyester's mommy Crystal
[notify]
Jasmine

Such a Happy- Girl

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 12:15pm PST 
Ask the vet if you can pay off the vet bills over several months. Or... you could ask if there is a way for you to work at the vet's office to go towards the vet bill. Like volunteer hours or something.
Willie

For Rio - Cysts Be Gone!- Die Cancer Die!

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 12:35pm PST 
Hi - My mom convinced our vet to spread the payments over 3 months when I just had to have my teeth out. It helps a little!
[notify]

*POLYESTER*

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 2:20pm PST 
we just made an appt. to ahve her seen. the only thing they will do is access the situation. i tried to talk about payments, but they said no. i guess we'll see when i talk to the vet instead of receptionist. please is anyone knows how to keep infection down please respond. is peroxide ok for dogs likeit is for humans?
[notify]
Cleo

Wanna play?

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 3:17pm PST 
Oh dear, that looks like it hurts, and you have had a hard life already, Polyester. You're lucky to have a Mommy who cares so much about you.

Is there another vet close by that she could talk to about making payments over time? Or maybe call a local shelter (especially if there is a no-kill) shelter and ask them for a recommendation?
[notify]
Cleo

Wanna play?

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 3:33pm PST 
Cleo's mom here:
I tried to search about peroxide but only came up with this
http://www.ehow.com/how_2434_detect-treat-chocolate.html
It sounds like it's probably safe to apply a dilution of peroxide & water directly on the broken tooth area, if you can. If she swallows the peroxide solution, could make her throw up. I have a body piercing and was given Bactine to apply to it when it was healing. I don't know if that is safe for dogs or not, especially in her mouth, but maybe you could ask the vet about it.
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 3:57pm PST 
Owww, that looks like it would hurts. If your vet won't come up with some kind of payment plan for you, I would check other vets in your area. Hope you find a way to get it taken care of soon. Good Luck.
[notify]
Bella Beans

Original Dogster- DIVA praying for- Rusty

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 6:15pm PST 
My mommy said to look up all the vet schools in your area. They often charge much much less than your normal vet and provide great care.
She also would call every vet in the yellow pages and start pleading your story...someone out there has a heart and you might just find them.
[notify]
*Peaches*~R.- I.P.~1999-20- 10

Blind Dogs See- Wif' Their- Hearts

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '05 7:05pm PST 
Hi Polyester and Mommy,
We're so sorry you're not feeling well. Don't get discouraged because my Mimi would like to suggest the following websites that offer financial assistance and helpful tips for getting the care you need:

http://www.wonderpuppy.net/canwehelp/health.htm
http://www .hsus.org/pets
IMOM

These sites and others can also be located in the pages (don't be alarmed) about surrendering pets at The Sanctuary for Senior Dogs online.

Good Luck for a Speedy Recovery,
Peaches & Mimi
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed Jul 6, '05 2:32pm PST 
Oh poor Polyester! I too would think about using another vet. Search on google for vets in your area and I guess you ring them up and ask them if they have payment plans. Good luck.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2