GO!

Thoughts and Prayers for Jasmine, please!

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Lady Jasmine

Born to Play!!

Barked: Fri Jun 10, '05 5:40pm PST 
Poor Jasmine. She is really feeling badly. She hasn't been her normal self...just laying around on our bed or voluntarily in her kennel. She had to stay at the vet's yesterday and overnight. The short version is that she has been scratching at herself a lot....lots of sores all over her body...bruising, etc. I thought it was allergies, and gave her Benadryls per vet recommendation a couple of months ago. Her eye split the other day...seeping really. She started to bleed from the mouth Wednesday night. We thought she just bumped something...maybe playing with Max, but it just wouldn't stop...she threw up about five times yesterday morning. I took her to the vet asap. She had to go through all sorts of blood tests. She stayed overnight and we received the official results today.. The vet said that at this point he can tell that her platelet count is really low. It's 17,000....blood won't clot until it is at least 45,000, but a regular count is 150,000 in dogs... so it is WAY low. Her body is basically hemorrhaging. So he gave her cortisone shots which is the best possible treatment. I was really worried about leukemia or some sort of cancer, but he said it would be very rare in a dog as young as her. Thankfully she doesn't have that and the vet said she should be fine in the long run. She has to be on bed rest until Tuesday...can only be up and about to go potty and eat. We have cortisone pills which she takes twice a day and she can only eat soft food until further instruction from the Doc. He will retake blood tests on Tuesday...provided her platelet count is improving then she'll slowly be able to return to a more normal lifestyle and we can wean her from the meds. More than likely this situation could have been triggered by a bee sting or something foreign to her normal environment but the cause is undetermined. I feel so bad for her since she has to be in her kennel resting for the next couple of days, but I guess it is for her own good and safety. It was a big scare for us yesterday...Jon and I were very worried, but I think she'll pull through just fine. Thanks for reading everyone! We appreciate it smile
[notify]
Sara

Got Bread?

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 12:59am PST 
awww prayers being sent up!
[notify]
Britney

Britney is very- special!!

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 2:03am PST 
Big doggie prayers go out to you Jasmine from Sally and Britney. Wow the power of Prayer! You are very brave and a sweetie too. Love Sally and Britney
[notify]

Skye

For Rio:Cysts Be- Gone~Wellness- for ALL

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 5:32am PST 
Prayers and good vibes, Jasmine. Hang in there!
[notify]
Marlowe CGC

Monk the Hunk

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 6:25am PST 
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Jasmine..............get well soon pretty girl.
[notify]
Lady Jasmine

Born to Play!!

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 7:59am PST 
Thanks everyone!!! The prednisone is starting to work, I think (Jasmine's mom talking). My husband and I checked out her mouth this morning. She is not bleeding as badly anymore...the blood seems to be starting to clot. She ate her meal this morning and is resting again. A couple more days of rest and then hopefully she'll have good test results on Tuesday. Woofs and Kisses!
[notify]
Allie.... In Loving Memory

I'm an Angel now

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 8:55am PST 
Get well soon Jasmine....we are thinking of you...
From a family of your smaller cousins....
Allie, Raven,Buddy,Jigg's & Maggie
[notify]
♥ Duke ♥

Who needs cats,- I have Jasper.

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 1:41pm PST 
Hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs and kisses.
[notify]
B'Elanna (In- Memory)

What? What? I- can't hear you!

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 7:50pm PST 
To Jasmine's mom: have you checked with Jasmine's breeder to see if these health problems have shown up in any of her dogs? Best wishes and prayers for Jasmine.
Amber

All the world's- a playground!

Barked: Sat Jun 11, '05 7:51pm PST 
A collie cuddle for Jasmine! Glad to hear you're feeling better.
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4