GO!

Prayers for Ricky please!

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Bijou

What trouble can- I cause today?

Barked: Thu Sep 29, '05 9:27pm PST 
I hope nobody minds that I'm cross-posting this here and in the "Get Well" forum, but some of my most generous and kind pals read the Plus threads more than other threads.

Please everyone, say a little prayer for my friend Ricky.

He was a rescue dog, afraid of so many things. About 9 days ago, he was out with his mommy, and he got spooked and ran away. Today he was found (thank goodness he is chipped!), but his leg is broken in 5 or 6 places and is going to need lots of work. Instead of spending this first night after being found in his warm and loving home, he's in a specialty hospital being observed to make sure he's okay for surgery. His mommy is so glad to know he's not lost anymore, but she's really worried about him.

Please keep Ricky and his mommy (as well as his sister Lucy and new brother Desi) in your thoughts.

UPDATE - Ricky is now at The Rainbow Bridge with my angel-sister Cherie. Here's the dogmail I received from his mommy:

I'm sorry to say they found a ruptured bladder and were still concerned about his lungs and needed to go in to check it all out. I told them no. I went to him and spent time with him and was holding his paw and his head as he took his last breath.

Thank you so much for all you have done for me during this time. Complete strangers ... and you made me feel so much better. And all the people that gave Ricky rosettes and became his pet pals ... you are a dear and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The few things that cheeer me - I know I was there for him to hold him those last few minutes and that he did not die alone. And ... I know he is up there waiting to laugh his butt of the next time Lucy gets in trouble for doing something stupid!!!

Thank you for being here for me.
[notify]
Butch

Seriously,- scratch my butt!

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '05 7:53am PST 
Poor little Ricky! I'm so glad he is with his home now, but I pray for him to get better!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '05 8:20am PST 
oh Ricky, you sweet boy! we hope you get better real soon! I too am a scaredy dog with alot of things and feel a kinship with alot of the things on your homepage. Ricky be strong and just know your mommy loves you and your pack needs you. hang in there kid & before you know it you'll be good as new =)

love Riley & crew
[notify]

Bijou

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '05 8:55am PST 
Thanks everyone! I got a dogmail update from Ricky's Mommy this morning. Here's what she said:

"I got an update from docs last night that he was resting comfortably, they did have to up his pain meds to a morphine drip but xray would be read today and quite possibly surgery today. I've heard that Animal Specialty Hospital where he is is one of the very best so if they say it's a go, it's a go. My baby just wants to come home to his family!!"
[notify]
Bijou

Barked: Fri Sep 30, '05 4:25pm PST 
Please see the update to my original post.
[notify]