GO!

other gsp owners advice needed

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

brynn

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 2:30am PST 
hi all,im new here.im looking for gsp owners,i would like to know if any of your dogs have skin allergies and what youve tried on them.recently heard about a product called camrosa,has anyone else tried this.all suggestions are very welcome.
thanks
[notify]
Cali

CRAZY Cali!

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 4:02pm PST 
What kind of dog food are you feeding? In my experience, diet is the first step in getting good skin/coat. Also, you can supplement with some omega 3's. Just be sure to ask your vet for the right dosage. If switching to a better diet and supplements don't work, your dog could have allergies (environmental and/or food). One of my GSPs was allergic to dust, grass, and a bunch of other things. The only thing that helped was weekly oatmeal baths, high quality diet, and supplements. We eventually went to allergy shots.
[notify]

Barked: Tue May 29, '12 7:40am PST 
Definately look at what food you are feeding your best friend. If it's not a holistic or organic brand, it can cause allergies. GSPs are prone to skin allergies. You can also start giving him fish oil. It is good for their coat, skin, brain and heart.
[notify]