GO!

Approximate Size

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lily

The Largest- Lilliputian

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 10:21pm PST 
My GSD, at 2 months and 3 weeks, weighs 27 pounds. How much do you experts think she will weigh when she is an adult?

I am curious because I think a German Shepherd lapdog would be adorable, and thus far it seems like she is going to outweigh me when she is an adult if she keeps growing at the same rate!
[notify]
Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 3:44am PST 
Nukka is 14 months old. When we brought her home at 8 weeks, she weighed 14 lb. We were at the vet yesterday for her checkup and she weighs 68.7. She is not fat a bit. I am guessing when she fills out she will end up putting on another 5-8 lb or so.
[notify]
Lily

The Largest- Lilliputian

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 8:02am PST 
Thank you for your response!
Aside from a husky when I was young, I've only ever had small dogs so the 60 pound plus factor is a bit mind whopping for me.
[notify]

Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 11:59am PST 
Charks is between 75 and 80... they are not tiny dogs laugh out loud
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 12:48pm PST 
27 lbs is pretty decent size for a 12 week old GSD. I wouldn't be surprised if she exceeds 80 lbs full grown.

Generally Shepherds are often bred with a "bigger is better" mentality, especially among the American lines, so unless you go out of your way to get a small Shepherd, chances are good you'll get something in the 80-100 lb range.

But Onyx is nearly 80 lbs and he still fits on my lap laugh out loud
[notify]
Lily

The Largest- Lilliputian

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 3:02pm PST 
The breeder I got her from wasn't breeding for size, which is mind blowing to me for such a large puppy to be produced.

Regardless of how much she weighs, my baby will NEVER be too big to sit in my lap (⌒▽⌒)☆
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 6:37pm PST 
Squam is 93 lbs & a total lap dog...but he has to choose which half gets the laplaugh out loud
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 8:28am PST 
Shadow at 4 months was 45lbs, Sabi at 4 months was 35lbs. At 2 years old Sabi was 82lbs, Shadow is almost 2 and 63lbs. Larger pups will often level off quicker so it is hard to judge sometimes.
[notify]
Moxie - my precious- angel - 1

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '12 8:42pm PST 
Moxie just lost 10 pounds. She now weighs 93 and the vet says she looks good. She is still a lap dog too. smile
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Wed Jul 25, '12 7:43am PST 
Congrats Moxie!
[notify]