GO!

What to feed my GSD pup

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Zeus

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 1:24pm PST 
hi i have a DDR GSD puppy....i had him on all types of foods and his stomach only like royal canin.....any suggestions other that type of food?>
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed May 23, '12 7:17pm PST 
Well if he has a sensitive stomach, which isn't uncommon in GSDs, you may just have to experiment around and see what works for him.

You could try limited ingredient foods like California Natural, Blue Basics, Wellness Simple Solutions, Nature's Variety.

Alternatively, most dogs do very well on a raw diet and it's easy to do an elimination diet with raw.
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat May 26, '12 9:10am PST 
Squ'mey did very well on orijen's Large Breed Puppy formula. I switched him to Acana when he matured, as the adult Orijen formulas did not agree with him. I also add a probiotic/enzyme to his food to help maintain his gut flora.
[notify]

Jazz

They call me- Jazzy Fey

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 8:30am PST 
I feed raw to my GSD. She`s 3.5 years old right now and doing great! The breeder put the entire litter of puppies on raw right from mothers milk.

Here is a link to a good forum if you`re interested:

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Raw_Food_Diet/thread/431875
[notify]