GO!

Droopy Ear

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jericho

As handsom as- can be!

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 1:44pm PST 
I've noticed that Jericho's ears do fluctuate from time to time.. One ear up, both ears up, no ears up. At what point do I need to become concerned that they will not go up? When do I need to consider "taping" ?thinking
[notify]
Dieta

AKA Baby Face

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 4:20pm PST 
How old is your dog? usually after teething the ears start to stay up more.
I would get her a kong and let her chew on it.
It is rare but not uncommon for an ear to be defective in some way.
Such as being too thick or maybe an injury.
I never tape a pup's ear. They naturally stand on their own.
I have had to wait for up to 9 month-10 months on some depending on the skull mass. Sometimes very large headed dogs need some time to get there.smile
[notify]
Alexander

Buster's baby- brother!

Barked: Tue Jun 30, '09 4:26am PST 
You are so young. . you have plenty of time. Alex had one ear that always stayed down, or fell down. Now. . . they are at attention.
[notify]

Miecho

Aka the big- horse

Barked: Mon Jul 13, '09 11:55pm PST 
lol Miecho did the same thing for a long time - to me it seemed an eternity. He looked so silly with one ear up (usually the left ear) but now they are up. I think it took him until he was 10 months old maybe even a year. Now we just got Malibu a few weeks ago, she is 4 months old and will have 1 ear up, both down or both up. Usually they are only both up if she is playing with her toys or especially with her ball (she loves tha ball) Your pup will get them up!
[notify]