GO!

King Is Sick

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
King

King

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 7:06am PST 
He had diarrhea all over the house at 1 am this morning frown He still has diarrhea this morning. I am making him an appointment to see the vet tomorrow.

I bought some Merrick canned food Saturday and have been giving all of the dogs 1 tablespoon of the canned food on their dry food 2 times a day. Maddie and Cookie have loose poops and King has this awful diarrhea and so far cast iron stomach Petey is fine. Petey can eat any type of food and be fine, he just can't take antibiotics thinking

I threw away the remaining cans of food.
[notify]
King

King

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 9:05am PST 
I was able to get an appointment today at 2:00 pm. In the mean time, does anyone know what could cause this? King's diarrhea is worse. It is just water and he has gone poo a whole bunch. He ate this morning and I put some OptaGest (enzymes & Prebiotic digestive suppliment) on his food, hoping it would help him out a litte but it didn't. He is not drinking water frown

I am not really sure the Merrick canned food caused this. I don't give the dogs very much of it but it is the only thing I can think of that is different.
[notify]
Effie- Bahnhof

I enjoy being a- girl (dog)

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 9:39am PST 
It is good you are headed to the vet, they are best to answer the questions.

It is possible switching food/adding cans upsets the digestive tract. When Trets came home from treatment he wuold not eat so we mixed cans in. He ate but had stinky loose stools. The vet was not concerned and it resolved itself.

Effie was the colitis queen till we put her on Royal Canin dry, we have to be careful about treats, bully sticks, she is very delicate.

Canned pumpkin firms them right up though..

Good luck, keep us posted.
[notify]

Sushi

Come and add- yourself onto my- map !

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 10:00am PST 
canned pumpkin (without sugar - not the pie filling...) and bland rice are the things that work for firming Sushi's poo when they becomes too soft...

Good luck !
[notify]
Vincent

for Rio - CYSTS BE GONE!!

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 12:24pm PST 
Poor King, hope the vet sorts him out. Vincent has a delicate tummy too - canned food has never sat well with him.
[notify]
King

King

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 1:21pm PST 
We are back from the Vet. King was given a shot to help his tummy and has some antibiotics. His fecal was clear of parasites.

He has lost a little weight. He went from 80 to 74.

I have given canned food as a mixer before and none of the pups ever had trouble. I noticed the Merrick canned food is mostly liquid (like gravy) with chunks of meat in it. The other canned foods I have fed were not like that. I have fed Evo, Wellness, TWO and Canidae canned food without problem.

No more Merrick canned food at this house.
[notify]
Vincent

for Rio - CYSTS BE GONE!!

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 2:19pm PST 
Fingers crossed that King "firms up"! Merrick's a great food - but not all dogs do well on even the best. Wellness was a disaster for Vincent, but I'd still recommend it to anyone else.
[notify]
King

King

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 3:14pm PST 
I think Merrick is a great food too. It just doesn't agree with my pups. I should not have thrown the other 4 cans away. I bet the store I bought them from would have gave me a refund or atleast put the money towards something else.
[notify]
Medea

Ekko~Forever in- our hearts

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 4:06pm PST 
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww King!!!!!! Poor guy, hope your tummy is better now.

Whats with all these pups getting sick?shrugshrugshrug

Does pumpkin really work, Medea has a very sensitive stomach too and has upset tummies often.
[notify]
King

King

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 5:24pm PST 
Yes, Pumpkin does work. I have used it several times.

King is feeling much better and back to normal. He is playing smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3