GO!

Full-grown size

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Medea

Ekko~Forever in- our hearts

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 6:03am PST 
I think Medea is at the larger end of the scale. She is about 23 inches at the shoulders and about 70-75 lbs depending on the time of year, she packs the pounds on in the winter, but at 70 lbs she is skinny, she has arthritis too and the vet said less weight is better. The only questioning I get over if she is 100% GSD is when they see her tail. For the most part she is a big girl.
[notify]
King

King

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 1:36pm PST 
King is 24" at the shoulders and weighs 80 pounds. I had a man at the E Vet argue with me that, King was a Belgian Malinois.
[notify]
Medea

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 3:44pm PST 
Correct me if I'm wrong but arn't malinois SMALLER then Shepherds? More compact? or am I just mis informed?

P.S

Good to see you here King! Medea misses you!! BOL wink
[notify]

King

King

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '07 5:41am PST 
I believe Belgian Malinois are smaller. They do look similar to German Shepherds but their is a distinct difference in the two breeds.

Good to see you too Medea wave

Edited by author Sun Aug 5, '07 5:42am PST

[notify]
Rosie- *FOUND*

www.findrosie.co- m

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '07 8:31am PST 
Mals are way slimmer, shorter fur. They have an elegance to them that's so striking! V&R are many lovely things, but it'd be a real stretch to call them elegant!

Hiya King!
[notify]
Medea

Barked: Sun Aug 5, '07 6:24pm PST 
Yes I remember Mals being in a TV commerical a long time ago and they are striking. See alot in the police training compatitions that are on TV as well. Very cool breed though, I dont think I have seen one in the flesh though. thinking
[notify]
Rosie- *FOUND*

www.findrosie.co- m

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 4:51am PST 
Speaking of commercials - have you guys seen the new print ad for Nike Women? Very cute GSD! It was in Glamour this month, I'm sure other magazines too.
[notify]
Medea

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 6:29am PST 
eekeekeek

NOOOOOO I DID NOT!!

but as a canadian we dont get the same ads as you guys do!! I will have to go and get a glamor mag...
[notify]
Vincent

for Rio - CYSTS BE GONE!!

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 9:10am PST 
Pmail me your address! I tore out the page for my hubby to see, so you can have it now! I looked online, but I couldn't find it.
[notify]
Rex

If it's a cat,- chase it!!

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 2:34pm PST 
I was 2 years last March, and am at 26 inches, and around 85 lbs. I look thin still, Mom thinks I will finish bulking by the time I am 3. shrug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3