GO!

New Puppy

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Thu Feb 27, '14 11:08am PST 
Hello All,
My wife and I just got an 11 week old French Bulldog named Teddy two days ago. I am running into a bit of a predicament which I hope I can find clarity on. My wife and I have a business trip out of town for 5 days (4 nights). My in laws have offered to take Teddy to their house for that time and watch him (they also have a Frenchie 3 years old) My problem is this: 1. I am nervous that the change in location will again be an issue, he will have been with us for 4 days at this point, and to then move to another location then back I feel may be confusing. Second, I have made quick strides with him because I am the one that feeds him and wake up with him in the middle of the night. I truly feel he has begun to view me as his Alpha/master. My fear is that by spending 5 days away with my father in law he will then view him as his master and regress on all the progress we have made thus far. I realize I may be acting a little jealous and want him to only acknowledge me as his master, however to me this is very important. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 10:12am PST 
Although leaving so soon is not ideal, your puppy will continue to bond with you and your wife when you get back. I have three frenchies, all of whom have been left from time to time, even at puppyhood and all are doing well. I know this is emotionally trying, as this is your baby!

I've started a new forum that just went live yesterday, my Frenchie friends will be joining and are a wealth of information. Come on over, introduce yourself and pits pics of your baby!

Congrats on your new puppy!

Julie
www.viva-la-french-ie.com
[notify]