GO!

Nutrisca Salmon and Chickpea Recipe

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Thu Dec 5, '13 6:45pm PST 
wave Another absence suspended! I've been lurking around the forums again now that college is winding down and Christmas break is about to take affect!

I have changed Firefly's diet, once again, due to that fact my mom couldn't quite grasp the concept of freeze-dried Primal RAW Food. I also couldn't stomach chopping up organs and meat... silenced Though Firefly was at her most peak condition on a kibble/freeze dried/raw rotational.

Right now Firefly is on 4Health Turkey&Sweet potato. The food fits my budget, but I can't help but think I'm skimping a little and would like to try and upgrade Firefly to a better food. I'm not entirely convinced she's doing excellent on the food... I still notice dry nails and she seems mildly itchy. I've been browsing foods at Petco and this small petshop here in the city, and I've become increasingly interested in Nutrisca, particularly the salmon.

I read the reviews on dogfoodadvisor, and I seem satisfied with it. I was wondering if any other dog owners feed this and what do you like about it? I'm always giddy to try a new food with Firefly, and I am hoping this food is cost effective as well. I know nothing can beat 4Health's prices, but I think I saw a medium bag of Nutrisca for about $30 and I am willing to dip into my budget.

Any thoughts/opinions on this food? I'd appreciate it! smile
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Dec 11, '13 5:54pm PST 
bump
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Thu Dec 12, '13 8:47am PST 
I’ve tried both the dry and canned varieties, primarily the lamb/chickpea formula dry and the duck formula canned. It’s hard to find a grain free, potato free food for my dog with allergies and this one of the few that met my criteria. I tried it with both my dogs, they liked it and seemed to do okay on it, but their coats weren’t as nice as on EVO herring/salmon so I eventually went back to that. They were getting a fish oil supplement at the time.

Anyway, I would give it a try, I still think it’s a decent food and I do buy the canned food every now and then when it’s on sale for when I forget to defrost their raw meals.
[notify]

Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Is it time for- agility yet?

Barked: Thu Dec 12, '13 5:04pm PST 
I don't trust anything from Dogswell since they still have chicken jerky that's made in china on shelves. I don't trust any company that sources anything from China.
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Thu Dec 12, '13 6:24pm PST 
True, their jerky treats do come from China, but the food itself is made in the US from US sourced ingredients. Or it was last I heard, you could always email them and ask.
[notify]
Shadow- *CGC*CL2*CL3- *

Is it time for- agility yet?

Barked: Mon Dec 16, '13 6:37am PST 
They get their vitamins and minerals from China. Everything else is still USA sourced but I wouldn't trust a dog food that is made by someone who is manufacturing chicken jerky treats that are killing dogs.
[notify]