GO!

What do you feed your dog and why did you choose that brand?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  

Barked: Thu Aug 29, '13 4:02am PST 
Every dog has their own unique needs as well liking for the foods. First try to evaluate your dog personal daily care needs and note down their reaction at each new food that they try. Don't just go for the cheapest or most expensive. Take the time to find one that works the best for your dog.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Sep 21, '13 5:19am PST 
Hii.... I suggest that you should use SOJOS DOG FOOD. If you are scared that the current food (C & P organix), you are giving to your dog is containing high protein which is harmful for the kidney of your dog. In this case SOJOS is the best alternative.

As Sojos contains:

Protein : Min 14.3%
Fat : Min 5.1%
Fiber : Min 8.2%
Moisture: Min 10%

Sojos is 100% natural,Grain free and it also works as a supplement.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Sep 21, '13 1:08pm PST 
Bumping yo drown spambots
[notify]

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 1:52am PST 
I would like to suggest you that you should go for "Royal Canin". As it can be helpful if your dog has unique health problem. Royal Canin includes ingredients to protect heart function.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Oct 7, '13 5:24pm PST 
We use Simple from Wellness. My pup can't have high concentrations of protein and this has been great for his sensitive tummy.
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 6:44am PST 
My little dog gets Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck she is 6 months old and the BB Wilderness has more fat and protein than the Merrick Classic puppy. My big dogs (bully mix and rottie) get Merrick Grain free all different flavors. They also get canned food 3x a week. Penny gets BB wilderness grain free canned (any flavor) and the big dogs get Merrick that comes in the black cans 96% of whatever meat the can says currently pork is the favorite with my big ones. I like Merrick and BB quite a bit and have good luck with both brands.
[notify]
Ronnie

Barked: Fri Oct 25, '13 4:26am PST 
I feed him Nose2Tail. It's a small producer based in the UK that Ronnie loves!
It has medicinal herbs, proper human-grade meat and vitamins. Ron had some issues with food in the beginning but he has been great since I've fed him this.
They are worth a look if your dog is struggling.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Oct 25, '13 11:34am PST 
Second vote for Holistic Blend. Great quality and no animal testing.
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 1:37pm PST 
I have a dog with a picky tummy. Anything grain free leads to the runs. I can add a few grain free kibble peices to Dunlops dish and he gets issues...so we stick with Science Diet, Australian made 'Advance' and Iams. It's taken trial and error and I'll stick with what works for him.

wave
[notify]
Sati

Barked: Sun Dec 1, '13 6:25am PST 
Send emails to companies you are interested in through their "contact us" link on their websites and ask for samples. I did this when I switched to premiums and it was wonderful. Some brands sell the little 2lb sample bags also. I also recommend dogfoodadvisor.com, great site with lots of info.

The best kibble I have found is Orijen, made in Canada. They do no outsource anything and get all their ingredients locally. I only have 1 place that carries it around me and they are an hour away so I don't get there too often. I have discovered it on-line at Amazon and Only Natural Pet Store. It is a bit pricier and may be too rich for some dogs, so I suggest the sample bag to see how your little one takes to it. Check out their website and see what you think.

Good luck.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4