GO!

picky eater

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

SAMI

IM ALL ABOUT- PLAYING (;

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 10:37am PST 
wave Hi all, my mom has a question...she is worried about my eating pattern.... my brothers and myself get feed at 6am each morning..we all get 3 cups of grain free food with alittle bit of wet to intice us to eat right away..however, i dont..therefore my mom is worried tht ill lose more weight..(im already on the skinny side) what do you suggest she put in my food to bring my app back..yes i clean bill of health went to the vet ...thanks for your advice
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Aug 20, '13 8:28am PST 
so you are losing weight? Is it possible it's just a food you don't like? How much of the 3 cups are you eating?
[notify]
SAMI

IM ALL ABOUT- PLAYING (;

Barked: Tue Aug 20, '13 7:14pm PST 
Um, i eating about 2/3 of it...somedays less...im not losing weight persay just my mom doesnt want me losing ne...she feeds totw...so she is stumped...shh
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Aug 21, '13 7:55am PST 
If your age is accurate and your profile picture is recent, you look fine for a 1 year-old GSD. They are a breed like Akita's, Husky's and quite a few others that don't fully mature and fill out until between the ages of 2-3. Also, at a year growth does slow down and unless very active around 2- 2 1/2 cups would be normal using a good grain free food. Kai, the big light colored one, is my male Akita, at 28in. at the withers and 117 lbs. He only eats about 2-3 cups a day. He will be 4 in September and is free fed so he eats what he wants when he wants and the vet is thrilled with his health. We use Blue Buffalo wilderness because that is the only thing they will eat but did try ToTW because it is cheaper and comparable quality, so that shouldn't be an issue and I wouldn't suggest a switch as long as your pups are doing well on it. I hope this helps reassure your Mom.
[notify]
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Fri Aug 23, '13 11:46pm PST 
You look fine. Shepherds should always be lean rather then not and if your profile is accurate you should be a bit leggy looking.

However as a still developing teenager you would probably do better on 2 meals a day. Split the food in half and do breakfast and dinner. Shadow is almost 3 now(three years, wow!) and if I dropped that much food in her bowl she would get bored before she ever finished it.laugh out loud
[notify]
SAMI

IM ALL ABOUT- PLAYING (;

Barked: Thu Sep 19, '13 7:36pm PST 
Thanks all smile
[notify]