GO!

DQ for Dogs?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Zeea

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 6:00pm PST 
Today I went to DQ and my puppy was offered a small cup of plain ice cream. I declined saying I didn't think it was good for Zeea but they said a lot of people give it to their dogs, they even have "puppy cups".

Is it really ok to give your dog DQ ice cream?

Thanks for your input.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 6:38pm PST 
Probably not since it has tons of sugar in it, but I'm personally ok with giving Noah a small cone as a treat every so often.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 6:54pm PST 
Unless your puppy is lactose intolerant a very small amount of vanilla ice cream on occasion shouldn't hurt. If your pup happens to be lactose intolerant(some are once they have finished nursing from mom) then the ice cream would cause gas and diarrhea. If you try it and that should happen, just don't do it again.
[notify]

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Mon Aug 12, '13 7:26pm PST 
If you think about it, none of that fast food stuff is good for US as omnivores.
So I can't imagine it's all that great for dogs.

That being said, I'm sure we all enjoy a treat now and then. It's never done any harm to my dogs (they get a DQ cone on their birthdays).
It's all about moderation. A few times a year is certainly bound to do less harm than one a week.
[notify]