GO!

FreshPet.....thoughts?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 8:38am PST 
Our grocery store set up a FreshPet cooler in the dog aisle and just started selling them. Any thoughts of it? Is it a good premium food? I was doing raw but my husband has OCD and it is a huge problem for him with me handling raw meat, it in our frige,freezer etc. He really wants me to find a good premium food for Hank. I bought some FreshPet last night and he gobbled it up really well this morning since it's the same consistency as ground beef. Thanks!!
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 9:12am PST 
I bought a bunch that was getting close to date for dirt cheap a while back. I used most of it as training treats, then just gave the rest to them as meals because it was taking up space in my freezer.

Dogs all did fine after eating it, the ingredients look fine (especially for a food that can be sold at a grocery store), not sure if its as amazing as they market it as (certainly not worth the full price IMO), but its decent enough. I wouldn't have a problem picking some more up again if it was at a good price.
[notify]
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 10:52am PST 
i feed Freshpet when jake goes to disneyland with me. it's easier to store then raw. I was rather distrusting of kibble at the time so i fed Freshpet. They also sell it at petsmart. It's better then probably anythign else the grocery store is carrying since i know the Freshpet cooler at my store is right next to Gravy Trainsilenced

But it's fine. Jake at it. He's still here big grin
[notify]

Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 12:52pm PST 
I do not like the price, but I do like the food. Freshpet sent me some as a trial and I was satisfied with it. I find it somewhere between high-quality kibble and raw foods.
[notify]
Hank

Is it dinner- time yet?

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 1:07pm PST 
Ideally I'd rather do raw but it bothers my husband SO much. I think this will be a good compromise for us. Hank gets premium food and hubby is no longer disgusted by raw meat in the fridge etc.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 5:14pm PST 
we get it for breakfast, so I can have my morning meds. mom would love to feed it all the time, but out of our price range for the three of us

*glares at Bryce*
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 7:05pm PST 
Funny you asked this, I just saw some in Walmart today and picked up the big chub to try with my guys. the ingredients look good and I have a bitch in whelp here that would probably love to try it.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 9:31pm PST 
I hear you Hank. My old roommate hated it when i fed raw.

They make nefty things like dehydrated raw now. Maybe feeding that will be more in your price range? I feed a basset and a beagle and dehydrated works great for when mom has to come over. She refused to feed raw even if it's ground up. She finds it gross.

So i keep kibble and dehydrated raw at the ready big grin
[notify]