GO!

Petco Brand Adult Vitamins...Two is Right?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 9:21am PST 
I've given both dogs a Petco vitamin every morning for years. Recently it dawned on me the directions say 1-2 for over TEN pounds. Both dogs are around 60lbs each, so two vitamins are what they should have right? Is that brand a balanced one or might there be one that is the same flavor that's even healthier?

Both dogs are very active during the day and they get a well-rounded diet of dog and people food. Just think a vitamin or two is a good idea as well.
[notify]
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 10:09am PST 
You can give the range.

Jake gets a daily powder that's 1-1.5 scoops (powder came with scoop) He usually gets half a scoop in the morning and half in the evening. On top of whatever he's eating. He also gets a 1/4 teaspoon probiotic at both meals and then 2 tablespoon of fish oil. And then a multivitamin some days (2x a day).

If you want to give 2 vitamins give one in the morning and one at night.

I use I AND LOVE AND YOU's brand of suppliments becuase they were buy one get one half off with dog food that i was buying.

Sweet Caroline's glucosamine is from amazon and was rather inexpensive but effective.

if you want to compare brands I recommend going on line or asking here for recommendations like you did. I like the powder better as it's masked in teh food.

If you decide to give 2 pills just space them out since usually pills are time released.
[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 11:39am PST 
are they bad eaters? If eating a good diet they really don't need vitamins shrug
[notify]