GO!

Taste of the Wild or Orijen?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 2:42pm PST 
Hi guys puppy

I was just after your amazing opinions...

I'm very keen on feeding Skip a higher quality food than Royal Canin. The breeder started feeding the mum and the pups Royal Canin from a young age so I stuck with it, until now...

Since I live in The UK, we don't have as much of a variety as most of you guys in The States... Apart from the obvious mid-range stuff like Eukanuba, Royal Canin e.t.c

But, I found a little pet store close by that sells both Taste of the Wild and Orijen puppy
It's a bit more expensive over here but I'm willing to pay the money for a very good food...

When it comes to both foods though, I have no clue which is better and would really appreciate any input puppy

Thanks in advance puppy
[notify]
Dreamy

Queen of my- castle.

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 3:12pm PST 
Orijen is pretty much the best kibble you can get from what I understand. Taste of the wild is one of the lowest of the grain free options but still isn't bad. Definately go with Orijen. If I could afford to feed it to my 3 I would lol.
[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 3:13pm PST 
Completely Agreed!snoopy
[notify]

Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 3:18pm PST 
Thanks guys puppy

I think it was the packaging of TOTW that I liked lol, how bad is that?

But if the majority think Orijen, then that's what I'll choose puppy
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 3:39pm PST 
If the price difference isn't an issue, I'd definitely go with Orijen. Their new Whole Prey formula looks really nice.
[notify]
Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 3:49pm PST 
Thanks Onyx puppy

The price really isn't an issue, not when it comes to good quality food... I'm thinking of changing Dexter's food too but he's a bit fussy lol... Orijen does look great though and it's been the one that everyone has voted for puppy

Both dogs being on the same food would save me quite a bit of fuss puppy Even though one will be on puppy food and the other in adult puppy
[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 5:58pm PST 
I know Orijen 6-Fish is an all life stages food and pretty sure Regional Red is also. Look into it, you may be able to feed the same to both dogs. Our 5 yr old Saint eats it and so does our young (under 1 year) hound mix. I do mix in canned for Tessie and the Honest Kitchen for Cosmo.
[notify]
Rexy

I dig in mud- puddles!

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 6:20pm PST 
Another vote for Orijen! smile
I've fed most of the formulas, the only one that didn't agree with Rexy was the Regional Red.
[notify]
Skipper- a.k.a Skip

Terror terrier

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 2:07am PST 
Thanks Tessie puppy

I didn't know that... I'm going tonight to pick some up so I'll look out for the life stages ones puppy
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 8:08am PST 
If orijen doesn't work out maybe try acana? I dunno if it is all life stage food or not.

I know it is lower protein. some dogs have issues with orijen due to richness.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3