GO!

Update on Irish Setter Weight Problem

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 1:50pm PST 
So, some of you may recall that my friends Irish Setter pup began looking like a skeleton, looking ridiculously underweight with her ribs and hips protruding.

They did a full work up of Veterinary tests with her, and found she did in fact have worms. She has been treated, is halfway through treatment, and worms are no longer being seen in her feces, and she's put on weight and looks healthy once again.

I'm guessing the reason they never noticed the worms would be that they lived on a farm where the dogs wandered and didn't clean up poop. When they moved back to the city, they had to clean up her poop and started spotting worms in her poop soon after my post.

They have her on Acana Wild Prairie, she's been treated for worms and she's doing MUCH better and is acting herself again too!

Thank you for all the responses.

Apparently she was very well behaved for the Vet too.

smile
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Mon Mar 25, '13 12:05am PST 
Glad she's doing well!
[notify]
Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 4:05pm PST 
Just saw this. Thank you for the update. So happy they figured out three problem.
[notify]