GO!

Does every little bit count ?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Arkane

Barked: Fri Mar 1, '13 1:21pm PST 
Hi everyone.
A month ago Arkane got Giardia, since then he has fought it off.. yay! cheer

But, he didn't gain any weight (and lost some during his first round of antibiotics) for a few weeks.. He has since doubled his weight.

I can't help but feel that he was deprived of essential nutrients during that period.. So I guess now I'm trying to 'make it up' and restore his immune system, I guess..

I've been starting off slow, but I have seen a lot of improvement! I just need to know your thoughts on some things.

Arkane has been on the FortiFlora supplements, it says to give a whole packet each day but I've only been giving half.

He also gets Kelp and Fish oil. He is 30+ lb at the moment but I've only been giving him the dosage for cats. He should be getting 1/2 a teaspoon but is getting 1/8th.

Every other day he gets a teaspoon of Natures Variety Instinct 'Raw Boost'. It says to give a teaspoon per 10 lb but he only gets 1.

So, what do you think ? Should I give full dosages ? Does every little bit count ? Can a body become dependent on supplements ? How do you give your own supplements ?

BTW Arkane is on a raw diet of mostly lamb, turkey and beef.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 2:55am PST 
As long as he's getting raw bones and organ meats as well and is digesting everything fine, he'll be okay with lower doses or even no supplements.
[notify]