GO!

Kibble free of Chinese ingredients

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 8:01am PST 
I find this thread funny.

Do you know that if you're a regular American consumer and you get your food from the regular grocery store that YOU are eating food with ingredients made in China?

And The Honest Kitchen is 100% China free and still went on a recall...

Edited by author Fri Feb 22, '13 8:11am PST

[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:06pm PST 
It was my understanding that the vitamins all come from China because it is not made any place in the United States.
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Fri Feb 22, '13 4:06pm PST 
It was my understanding that the vitamins all come from China because it is not made any place in the United States.
[notify]

Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 3:53pm PST 
Beneful uses Chinese ingredients and is killing dogs. There is no recall. I am a little surprised of the Honest Kitchen recall, but I am glad the company will take responsibility. The recall is not due to Chinese ingredients.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 11:31am PST 
My point is, a quality dog food does not become BAD food just because it has Chinese ingredients.
[notify]
Jace

Swiffer

Barked: Mon Feb 25, '13 3:25pm PST 
Petcurean Products are free from Chinese Ingredients. This is on the website
We are 100% China Free

We have, in the past, sourced the amino acid Taurine - which makes up less than a quarter of one percent (≤ 0.15%) of any of the GO! or NOW FRESH diets - from China, however; we have now changed to Japan as the country of origin for this amino acid and are happy to confirm we are 100% China free.
[notify]
Laverne- Marie

Therapy Dog- Superstar!!

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 6:12pm PST 
One more food that is China free is Nature's Logic.
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 8:49pm PST 
Another food that does not use chinese ingredidnts or vitamin pre mixes is Dr. Tims. Here's what is says on their site:

Vitamin safety is something we take very seriously, so we don’t buy less expensive bulk products. To our knowledge, Dr. Tim’s is the only pet food maker to disclose the manufacturer of the vitamins and minerals used in our diets. We use DSM’s Optimum Vitamin Nutrition pre-mix in our foods because we feel it is the purest and safest available. DSM is a well known provider of the highest quality vitamins and is based in Holland and subject to very strict European Union rules on product quality and safety. We feel you need to know the vitamins in your food come from an easily researched source.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2