GO!

Anyone seen the new orijen formulas in stores yet?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 CL4- OAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 7:22am PST 
Just curious, as I can't seem to find out when they are officially releasing their new formulas. I found ONE small bag at my local pet store ( and bought it) , and asked them when they were getting more in, they had no idea and said " they're still on backorder from their fire"

I'm super excited about it, as well as their treats and freeze dried line, but I cant find it, even online. If there are some who dont know, Orijen is going for a more whole prey kibble, organs, bone included, less potatoes/veggies etc. I feed half raw and half kibble, and was very excited to hear this.

Anyone heard or seen anything?
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 8:57am PST 
My local store has the treats in, but not the food. The dogs love the treats. The duck ones I bought contain only duck meat & duck liver.
[notify]
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 7:12pm PST 
Very exciting. It's not in my stores yet though. I'm terrified to see the prices...

Edited by author Mon Feb 11, '13 7:16pm PST

[notify]

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 8:58pm PST 
I'm also terrified to see the prices, seeing as their treats are $11 minimum as is. We have the treats in, but not the freeze-dried yet. I can't imagine the prices of freeze dried if some of their dry food costs $87 in my store.

They're downsizing the size of their bags of food, and upping the prices. I work in a pet store and we get the news before customers do. I'm actually thinking of switching my dogs away from Champion food lines because they're going to be doing the exact same with Acana - downing the size, and upping the prices. It's going to be a little too ridiculous imo. Plus, they are still on back order from the fire - we're lucky when they send us the food we order from them.

And they only JUST started giving us 'compensation' coupons for customers - but even those are only $5 off the big bag and $3 off the little and only as we deem 'necessary' to give. Which is stupid. I think all the regular Orijen/Acana buyers deserve it. I love their food, but I just may end up switching when they finish doing what they're doing with the current food and prices.

Edited by author Mon Feb 11, '13 9:07pm PST

[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:02pm PST 
yes, the store I work at just got some in, the packaging looks different. They also reduced the size and increased prices, so overall, not too happy.
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 CL4- OAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 10:03pm PST 
I'm sure freeze dried is going to be super expensive! The small bag of kibble I found was $20 for 5# same price as before but a half pound less. No big bags yet so I couldn't compare.
[notify]