GO!

Confession time. What's the worst snack/food thing you'll still give your dog?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 74)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 1:47am PST 
I get tempted to give my dog bacon because she just loves them as much as I do too. big grin
[notify]
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 10:57am PST 
Hmmm...chips, cheese, pizza and not just the crust sometimes the real deal with the meat and cheese on itred face, cake, and always the "healthy" stuff I eat like salmon, green beans, baked chicken, ect..
After losing 80 lbs myself though I hardly eat the above "bad foods", but when I do Peter always wants some. He wants anything I am eating!
His diet though is straight Ziwi Peak canned mixed with air dired so at least I know the bulk of his diet is healthy. big grin
[notify]
Missy

Miss- Pig!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 2:23pm PST 
They get pretty much anything i'm eating as a little tit bit or leftover. Every Birthday they also get a Victoria Sponge cake which is pretty naughty as it's full of sugar but they LOVE it!
[notify]

Murphy

Why run when you- can hop??!!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 4:22pm PST 
I used to always give them some of whatever I was eating but it turned them into awful beggers (they still are) so I had to stop that a few years back. They still get bits once in a while especially when it is meat. And Josh looooooves fruits & veggies so if I am eating some I will almost always give him some, I have seriously never seen a pup who loves fruits & veggies as much as he does. He goes nuts for them! If I am eating fries or popcorn they usually get some too. And everytime we go to the local ice cream place we get two "puppy cones" (small vanilla cones) for the pups. And when I am eating ice cream at home I let them lick the bowl.

I give them dentastix on a pretty regular basis mostly because they were the only chews Josh really liked, and they have actually helped his teeth a little. My parents are always buying milkbones or some kind of store brand treats because they have coupons. I get the healthy grain free treats when I can but the others usually win out because they are cheaper.

Probably the worst thing I have let me eat is the fish food we feed our pond fish. In the summer when we use it more, a lot of it will get dropped outside of the pond and the dogs are happy to clean it up.
[notify]
  (Page 8 of 8: Viewing entries 71 to 74)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8