GO!

Confession time. What's the worst snack/food thing you'll still give your dog?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 12:31pm PST 
Left over spicy taco meatshock
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 7:11pm PST 
McDonald's french fries. I don't exactly eat there all that often so Ris doesn't get them frequently. But that's her super special treat that she gets after competing in a trial.
[notify]
Stella

Waiting for- Treats

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 8:04pm PST 
I've seen Frosty Paws for years, but never bought any until last week. Stella loves them but I hate them because it's hard to get the ice cream out and my cats look at me like "how come she gets ice cream and we don't"?

When will they invent Frosty Claws? Doesn't matter though since I'm sure Frosty Paws aren't going to grace my freezer again.
[notify]

Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 8:30pm PST 
JT, Miyu looooves fries. Loves most anything really. Though not fruit and veggies, like Onyx! laugh out loud When I first got her we went to brunch and i tried giving her grapes. She took it and then spat it out. I think once I did give her the tops off strawberries, and she wasn't super keen on it, but when we bent to take it away she gobbled it up. I think, to her, something that's hers and eaten is something better than being taken away. Even if she doesn't like it! big laugh
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 3:15am PST 
He was all over the nasty fries I got from the local chicken shop today. Blegh. At least someone liked them. I'd walked in the baking hot sun to get them so I was glad they were eaten!

There are some fried wings waiting in the fridge for his dinner tomorrow. wink He knows they are there too. He can identify the kfc box. shock

Fruits and veggies are usually a no, but he has eaten broccoli before. I have to pick all the lettuce off a chicken burger before he will even consider it, though!
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:26am PST 
Stella, I've given my dogs the Nature's Variety ice cream and popping it in the microwave for ~5-10 seconds to soften it up a bit makes it easier to break up.
[notify]
Okami- Amaterasu

I shalst- pluck-eth ze- toy...

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:47am PST 
Uhmmm...pea pods? shrug

I'm kind of an overprotective freak when it comes to Okami and what I give her to eat haha. She does get a cookie at bedtime every night, but even those are grain-free biscuits, she gets the grain-free Fruitables for training treats or the Blue Buffalo wilderness soft treats.

I guess the most fattening thing she gets is Dentley's pig ears, but only because I hadn't ordered more bully sticks in a while. I tend to freak out about treats, specially considering so many are recalled, that even with those I only give her the healthy stuff.

And human food is out of the question what with her animal food aggression...cept for left over pea pods from the parrot lol.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 11:32am PST 
Palak paneer...and rat food...I love Indian, mild not mega spiced, Sophie laps up the leftovers with no ill effects...The rat chow I can't figure out-maybe Sophie's been watching Dr. Oz when I'm at work?laugh out loud
The rat food mix is dried fruit, sunflower seeds, grain and peanuts. If I don't keep it from dog level Sophie snarfs the dish.
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 12:28pm PST 
I give Clyde all kinds of stuff he probably shouldn't have. Until recently, I would let him have little bits of chocolate from time to time, on account of his size. After raiding a whole pound of chocolate on the table, though, he hasn't tasted it since...
I guess it's now the Waggin Train treats. I give them in small (a little smaller than a finger), infrequent quantities so he won't risk sickness but still enjoy those little things. Poor guy loves them, but won't be tasting them much longer, since what we do have is almost gone.
I know...bad owner! naughty
[notify]
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 8:34pm PST 
Err...I let Jasper lick up birdseed the budgies toss out of their cage! He's happy, and I don't have to clean the floor!
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8