GO!

Confession time. What's the worst snack/food thing you'll still give your dog?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 4 of 8: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 9:50pm PST 
Oh man, I'm terrible. I share all my meals, with my dog! Some of the worst things are McDonalds, KFC and pizza. He's eaten all the crusts off a medium pizza before, simply because I hate waste.

His kibble for training is also a super market brand. I've moved to a grain free kangaroo meat one though. But it used to be pedigree.

Luckily most of the time his diet is very healthy, he eats a raw diet. And I don't eat take away too, too much.
[notify]
Moose

I love sitting- in laps

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 10:01pm PST 
Cheez Whiz. I used it as a training treat. I wanted to get the bacon flavored one, but I couldn't find a can of it.
I also use that canned Kong Stuff'n. Basically cheese whiz for dogs. I use that, in small amounts, as the treat in his Kong when it's crate time. He loooooooves that stuff.

Other than that, I've not given him anything like human food for fear it would trigger begging.
[notify]
Penny Mouse- Fart Ayala

I eat, therefore- I am.....

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 10:51pm PST 
Pooter eats whatever I'm eating. I KNOW!!! She only gets tiny bits and only when it's not something that would hurt her, like raisens or chocolate or anything bad for dogs. red face I only eat McD's about once a month, so when I get some, I get her her own McDouble. She only gets the burger patties with the melted cheese on them, not the other stuff and she LOVES it! If I'm splurging, she thinks she needs to, too. Otherwise I eat pretty healthy and she gets her salmon based, grain free food and a bit of whatever I'm eating...Yup, I share. Her weight is great, she's right on the money per her vet (she just got her check up etc about 2 weeks ago) her health and energy level are great and her skin is the best it's ever been. The vet sais whatever I've been doing for her, keep doing it. So I will! shock
[notify]

Molly

Shiba-dors rule!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 11:01am PST 
Due to her allergies, Molly can't have most commercial dog treats. She does love a good french fry though, but she only gets one (ok, maybe two) when we go out for fast food. However, she is a freak for cheese. She can hear us open the package no matter where she is. We used it as a training treat when she went through obedience and she's still convinced that cheese is dog food and gets so offended if we eat it and don't give her some. laugh out loud
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 11:44am PST 
We have a 24h burger king at the end of our block. If you go there at midnight, the lady at the window will give the old stale chicken nuggets to your dogs when you order something. We work the night shift, so we will stop there if we're too terribly tired.

stale cold chicken nuggets nomnomnom
[notify]
Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 4:34pm PST 
JT, don't tell Miyu fried chicken isn't healthy. You'll break her heart.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 4:44pm PST 
I didn't realize cheese was considered a bad thing! I love cheese and share tidbits with them on an almost daily basis! laugh out loud
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 5:10pm PST 
Gunther's stomach is ridiculously sensitive.. I mean.. Cheap hotdogs give him VIOLENT diarrhea.. Milkbones make him puke.. But I will admit that every time I make homemade chicken salad, or am eating any meal with meat, he gets bites. Off my fork..... red face
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 5:12pm PST 
Cheese, peanut butter, and bacon... Is that about the trinity of most desired-by-dog treats? laugh out loud
[notify]
Envy

Being a sinner- is so much fun

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 5:47pm PST 
Cheese, peanut butter, whipped cream from the can, t-bonez dog treats, rawhides..the list really goes on lol. Treats are not used here very often at all so I don't really bother to buy them anything special.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 8: Viewing entries 31 to 40)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8