GO!

Confession time. What's the worst snack/food thing you'll still give your dog?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 8: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:39am PST 
Every time I eat at Chipotle, Jasper gets his own taco. Chicken, rice, cheese, and maybe a little black beans. It always amuses the employees to make a dog taco, and he loves it. smile
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:46am PST 
haha smile I remember at my first job (Burger King) a guy walked in one day--very typical farmer-looking guy with 5 o'clock shadow and dirty overalls, looked like he'd just come from the fields. Anyways, he came in and asked for a Whopper for himself, and a plain cheeseburger for his dog. I giggled because I thought it was cute that he was getting something for his dog, but HE gave me the most dead-serious face! laugh out loud Still, I kept giggling on the inside.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:23pm PST 
They get Dentastix, knock off Greenies, Milkbones (although the Trail Mix ingredients aren't bad- I use that for training), Beggin Strips (courtesy of Grandma), I share vanilla ice cream with Nick. He used to get Purina Busy Bones, but after they caused explosive diarrhea while we were on vacation, I stopped buying those. The worst IMO is that I'm still giving them Duck Jerky strips made in China so I can get rid of the bag. I feel so guilty, but it's almost empty and I figure he would have dropped dead by now if it was tainted. He LOVES the Waggin Train pork skins with chicken liver center, but that's another one of the brands involved in the China dog treat conspiracy. I have stopped buying those though, and threw out a couple of bags left over.
[notify]

Mateo

Super Service- Schnoodle

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:45pm PST 
Usually I try to give my boys healthy stuff, but the boys paws down favorite would be vanilla ice cream! A spoonful to each of them whenever I have ice cream. It's a doggy delicacy!
[notify]
D'artagnan

I'm not lazy,- I'm just waiting- to play..

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 1:58pm PST 
French fries, ice cream, McDonald's hamburger - those are the worst. Doesn't get them a lot but he probably gets French fries the most out of all those. Cheese and hotdogs will be used as training treats because those are the highest value to him. His usual healthy treats are the freeze dried liver treats or zuke's mini naturals. He gets a greenie about everyday or two( He LOVES them, although sometimes I can't afford them) and my mom has 'snausages' for him. ....looking at that I feel makes Dar look like a fatty but he eats orijen and all his chews are natural stuff from best bully sticks. smile
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 2:09pm PST 
Worst thing our dogs have ever had is... marshmallows. I blame my daughter, since she told me Kale liked them. But I buy marshmallows maybe twice a year, so it's not a regular deal at all.

I'm not fanatical about healthy treats on the whole. I figure a benefit of a bigger dog is them being able to deal with a little junk, just like humans do, if the base diet is healthy.

They get a couple nibbles of cheese everyday, because I wrap Kale's thyroid pills in it, unless I have something else to stuff the pill in, like leftover meat. Or the occasional french fry. If I'm eating pizza with meat toppings, which isn't very often, I end up with cheese pizza because they get the toppings.

They get Dentastix every night. It's THE bedtime cue. It was the Ace-run-to-crate cue, until she got good enough to have free roam of the house overnight.

Other than now looking for "Made In America", I'm not too fussy about the dog treats I buy for them. They're treats, not a big part of their diet.

If I'm on a long road trip with Ace, I don't give her breakfast because it would just be regurgitated. So she gets a nibble of whatever I have on the road to tide her over until we reach our destination. Usually cheeseburger and fries. Then her quality kibble at night.

I heard that Starbucks will give dogs a "Puppucino" - a little bit of whipped cream - if the owner buys coffee. I would let my dogs have that, if I were to go to Starbucks with them, but I don't. But I kind of want to
laugh out loud

I spoil these dogs. But Ace is a good weight, and Kale is heading back that way now that his low thyroid level has been caught and is being treated.
[notify]
Olive

Lab/Rottie/Chow/- Shepherd Mix!

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:02pm PST 
Pizza Crust.

Mac & Cheese.

We're cutting that out now, though, since Olive has strange allergies & we're not sure to what.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:21pm PST 
mine prolly get alot of bad things. once a month, on sunday morning , they get a bite or 2 of pancake dipped in bacon grease.

Dylan gets his bed time phenobarbitol in a spoonfull of all natural vanilla ice cream. and sence he gets a bite, so do the other 2
[notify]
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:23pm PST 
Koby loves cheese. Unfortunately, Kali can't have anything. frown
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:23pm PST 
salsa and corn chips. My dogs like spicy food. Have you ever seen a dog beg for pickled jalepenos? Mine do.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 8: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8