GO!

Wheat free, Barley free, Potato free, Beef free dog food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 10:53am PST 
I do elimination diets. I get a food with a novel protein and carb source and feed it exclusively for about 6 weeks, and no extras. Allergies usually result in skin and coat issues, like poor coat, itching and rashes on face, ears, legs, and paws. Some dogs get recurrent ear infections. An intolerance shows up as digestive issues like diarrhea and vomiting.

This link may be helpful:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2 2082&aid=143

(Please remember to remove any spaces that may appear in the URL.)

Edited by author Wed Dec 5, '12 11:16am PST

[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 1:31pm PST 
Canidae Grain Free Salmon?
California Natural Grain Free Kangaroo?
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 2:09pm PST 
Thanks! smile
[notify]

Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 2:24am PST 
Canine Caviar also has grain/potato free foods.
[notify]
Kazba

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 11:00am PST 
I used the nutro with venison for my guy that had allergy problems. It seemed to help him feel better and he liked the food also. May be worth a look
[notify]
Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Thu Dec 6, '12 2:26pm PST 
Evo Herring/Salmon formula is grain/potato free. My dog that is allergic to potatoes did very well on this food. I also tried Nutrisca, both dogs did okay on it, but shed way more than usual.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2