GO!

vit e tablets

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 6:41pm PST 
How many vit e tablets should i give my dog a week. She gets two fish oil capsules daily. She occasionaly gets dry a few times a week to which has vit e added to it as well but probably not much. The e tablets are 500 iu. Im thinking give one a week ? Shes 18 kilo. Thanks
[notify]
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 7:50pm PST 
It would depend on what else is in the diet. My 100 pound dog gets 3 - 200ui tablets a week but he also gets vitamin E in the kelp and greens that he gets during the week as well. Vitamin E is not water soluable, so I don't like to overdue it. The max intake for a dog of any size is 400ui a day. I also make sure to use the d-alpha tocopherol form and not the dl-alpha. The dl-alpha is a synthetic form of vitamin E and the body does not use this form very efficiently.
[notify]
Lilly CD CDX- JD JDX AD

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 8:24pm PST 
yes i bought the natural mixed toccopherols type not sure how you spell it, smile so one a week would be sufficient enough in conjunction with the fish oil?
[notify]