GO!

Suggest Some Durable Chewies

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 10:52am PST 
Didn't see any good sized bully sticks at the store but the compressed rawhides are holding up 3 days so far...the hard chewer Kong made one day (their Ballistic line holds up great though-just hard to find "tiger tested" heeheehee)
[notify]
Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 6:05am PST 
If you were at a Petco, I think they may have pressed rawhide stuff on their biscuit bar and you can buy it in bulk...check it out!
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 7:55am PST 
I know you said you tried antlers but, have you tried split antlers? Sometimes dogs are more interested in the split ones because the marrow is exposed.
[notify]

UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 1:27pm PST 
Bully sticks at the store are always way, way overpriced, and like you said, not generally very large/thick. I bulk order all mine from bestbullysticks.com. Not to sound like an advertisement, but they do have much better prices than I've ever seen in stores.

In my experience, the braided ones don't last. I go for the thickest 12 inch over braided. Even those only last about 45 minutes but he really enjoys them and they seem to help clean teeth.
[notify]
Mabel

Go Get 'Em

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '12 4:11am PST 
Here is what I did to make some great chew toys! I tied knots in some old rope and Mabel just loved to play with it! I also cut up a pair of old jeans and stuffed some pillow stuffing inside to make durable plush toys for Ciaran. Peyton's favorite is an empty water bottle filled with beans. It rattles and he loves to crunch it! Roy's favorite toy is a sock filled with pillow stuffing and sewn up. These aren't really tasty treats, but they are cheap and durable chew toys!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 11:47am PST 
Check out www.bestbullysticks.com. They have alllll kinds! We actually have an order that comes every month. We love them! snoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 7:08pm PST 
Thank you Scooter!!! I'm out right going to check that out right now. I found nice thick bully sticks at the local store but they're $5 each. They really enjoyed them though and the sticks lasted a good hour.
[notify]
Eduardo

Mr. Personality

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 5:40am PST 
Eduardo gets raw beef tails. You could try those. Raw beef ribs are another great option. A whole prey rabbit would also provide a great chew and a meal for a day or two. I would stay away from the Busy Bone. Those are nothing more than processed grains and byproducts! Those things are like cancer in a stick. Try either a whole prey rabbit or beef tails.
[notify]
Eduardo

Mr. Personality

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 5:40am PST 
Eduardo gets raw beef tails. You could try those. Raw beef ribs are another great option. A whole prey rabbit would also provide a great chew and a meal for a day or two. I would stay away from the Busy Bone. Those are nothing more than processed grains and byproducts! Those things are like cancer in a stick. Try either a whole prey rabbit or beef tails.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:43am PST 
Just wondering if you had a chance to check out the website. Cool huh? Alllll kinds of great bully sticks! snoopy
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3