GO!

Question about Natural Balance

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 5:36pm PST 
I'm not really a fan of it due to high potato content, but it seems to work for dogs with serious allergies. I think there are better choices there for LID foods though.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 5:47pm PST 
I had Kali on California Natural for about 4 years before she couldn't tolerate it anymore. While she was on it, she did well. She had a shinny coat and she finally was able to gain weight. For some reason, she just couldn't tolerate it anymore.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 7:35pm PST 
What about the Earthborn Holistics lamb...I know someone mentioned that previously, and when I was at the store today there was a rep there that I was speaking to, and it actually seems like it may be a decent option. They actually do carry the Acana though (thought they didn't) so that may still be in the running. WOuld it be correct to say either one of these would be a better option than the Cal Natural? Would either teh Earthborn or the Acana be better than the other?Thanks!
[notify]

Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 8:30pm PST 
You mentioned that the dog had been on Nutro before, there is an option now in Natural Choice for lamb/potato as well as the lamb/rice. Another "novel" protein would be vennison, and there's a vennison/potato as well as vennison/brown rice. I myself am allergic to lamb...but I really like the vennison/brown rice.

You can get info here about the ingredients and analysis
http://www.nutro.com/natural-dog-food/natural-choice-dog-f ood.aspx
[notify]
Raju

On it, Boss!

Barked: Sat Nov 3, '12 9:18am PST 
I feed Nat Bal venison and SP. I have a dog w/ a very sensitive stomach and severe allergies. I have tried several other brands with this dog, and it always ends in disaster. Nat Bal is the only thing he can handle.

If your dog does not have allergies and such but you still want to feed LID, I would not feed Nat Bal. I'd pick something better, like Cat Nat or Wellness Simple Solution (but IMO Wellness is too pricey).

Earthborn is a good food, too, IMO. And they have grain free and "regular" options. Not every dog needs to go grain free and sometimes GF is just too rich OR too much potato etc meant to replace the "grains" ie oats and barley and such. Grain free is a buzz word these days and everybody is trying to get on board w/ GF formulas that aren't much better than the regular formulas. At any rate, I know Earthborn's fish formula gets good reviews.

Good luck!
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 3:41pm PST 
Because they do not make their own food. And they gave been on the recall list from diamond. I stay away from it. Plus I DM not happy with the lies the rep tells every time I go into petco
[notify]
Popple

Ready for- anything!

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 9:34am PST 
Popple is on natural balance. Most of the time when natural balance had a recall they only recalled the fish and sweet potatoe and the duck and sweet potato. The other foods were on the shelves and weren't contaminated. I feed popple a variety of their formulas and have never had a problem with them personally.
[notify]
Bitty

Protect & Serve- My Mom

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 12:52am PST 
Hi Every-fur & Families,

Hope this finds all of you happy & well.

My little Sis-fur LadyBug is VERY allergic to so very many food items. Mom put her on Natural Balance six months after we adopted her. It took that long to finally figure out EVERYTHING she is allergic to. She has been w/us for almost five years now & that diet is one of the best moves Mom could have made for her.

I also eat Natural Balance & have for years as well. I'm not an allergy sufferer like Sis is, but switching to Natural Balance actually made me healthier also. Meal time around here finds us kids agog w/anticipation, as we love our varied Natural Balance menu each day.

I have out lived my K-9 Mom, Dad (who were just a year & a year & a half old when we all were born) & ALL 7 of my brothers & sisters. My Dr. credits my good health to my human Mom & that diet. Sis is healthier because of it too. I just turned 14 & still play as if I were a young "pupper-snapper".

As far as the recalls on Natural Balance, they were "self-imposed" by the "Powers-That-Be" of that company itself, for strictly pre-cautionary measures. Mom never once stopped feeding us our varied diet & we have NEVER become sick from it. Mom swears by this brand & will continue to feed it to us.

Ya' all have a great day now...... ya' hear?
[notify]
Ellie, CGC

Cookies?!

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 1:50am PST 
What about Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Lamb? So much better than the low protein Natural Balance, especially for a growing puppy. The protein is 29% instead of Natural Balance's 21%...
[notify]
Marley

Sweet silly boy

Barked: Thu Nov 22, '12 10:31pm PST 
If by the P&G thing you mean animal testing, they are phasing it out and are now 95%? free of all animal testing. Sadly, the law requires some products to be tested by animals (medications, lawn care products, etc.).
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2