GO!

Grain Free food??

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Tiara

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 4:22pm PST 
We used the Nutro grain free because of ear problems. It helped him a lot with the head shaking and he just seems to be feeling so much better. You may want to give it a look
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 4:56pm PST 
We used the Nutro grain free because of ear problems. It helped him a lot with the head shaking and he just seems to be feeling so much better. You may want to give it a look
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '12 6:51am PST 
Thanks Tiara,we have used Blue Buffalo Wilderness grain-free for years and have never had any issues with yeast or ears.
[notify]

Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Fri Sep 14, '12 8:44pm PST 
personally I would go with something like Nutrisca lamb or fish, unfortunately a lot of grain free foods contain potatoes which are high glycemic and can make ear problems worse. Nutrisca uses chickpeas which are a low glycemic carb source and tends to be a better choice. Another food similar to it is horizon legacy, they do have a fish formula as well, although you may have to order online since it's kind of hard to come by.
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 10:20am PST 
I use Nutri-Source grain free and Thor does really well on it. I use the fish formula and he loves it and it keeps him from itching too much.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2