GO!

Walmart Launches Pure Balance Dog Food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 5:25pm PST 
Yep, that's right, Pure Balance is an Ol' Roy food! shock In the previous post I meant that it's better than any of the other Ol' Roy formulas. dancing

Edited by author Wed Sep 5, '12 5:39pm PST

[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 10:48am PST 
Well maybe Walmart is learning. But they still have aing way to go
[notify]
Hallie

Shelter Beagles- need homes

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 3:35pm PST 
I think it's a good thing.
You have to keep in mind that most people are paying the same price for bags and cans of Beneful, Pedigree, etc.
It's made in the US and most of the ingredients are sourced in the US as well.

I wouldn't feed it either, BUT that doesn't make it a bad food. I can afford Orijen but most people can't, and for those people who can't, this food is a good less expensive option.
[notify]

Kovu

Survivor puppy

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 3:52pm PST 
I budget out Acana and Orijen just because I'm picky. I wouldn't feed this to my dog, however, it's better than the old Ol' Roy, Beneful and Kibbles and Bits.. So if we can get the word out.. However, if people can get to a Costco, the Kirkland brand is better than this and cheaper for more dog food smile
[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 5:20pm PST 
It's great that they are at least trying to make a better food, however, at almost $40 for a 30 lb bag, they aren't going to get people to switch from Ol'Roy or Pedigree. I can get a 30 lb bag of Taste of the Wild for 5 or 6 dollars more, so for what it is, the price is too high. There are lots of good mid range foods out there. I would be happier with this product if they would offer it at a lower price so that the people who are feeding their dogs lower quality kibbles would be more likely to switch. Because most people don't read the labels, they are going to see the price tag and then reach for the 50 lb bag of Ol Roy performance that they can get for $23.88.

Just my two cents.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 7:28pm PST 
I saw this in the Sunday ad and was wondering about it. Not bad! (for Wal Mart options that is). My store is pretty limited in their selection so I doubt they'll have it. They only have 5# bags of Nutrish which is the most decent option at my Wal Mart location. I've never seen anybody pick it up either probably for the exact same reason The Hounds mentioned plus they only have teeny bags. Whenever I see people buying food it's always Kibbles&Bits

Edited by author Thu Sep 6, '12 7:29pm PST

[notify]
Carter

Professional- Fetcher

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 7:29pm PST 
I feed Carter Innova, which is the most affordable, best quality food I can get to fit his needs (a lot of the other brands have chicken or chicken fat in them and he is allergic). Cost is important at this point because I'm disabled and need to cut costs where I can, but am not comfortable feeding him any of the cheap grocery store/Walmart foods because of the poor quality and amount of recalls. I looked at this Pure Balance food and yeah, the ingredients are better than I thought they would be, but the fact that it's made by Ol' Roy makes me really nervous. The fact that they've had so many recalls alone makes this food a write off for me, unfortunately, which is a shame because the price is certainly right.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 12:25am PST 
I was buying the Iams small breed dog food at Wal Mart for my Pom and they were out of stock so I bought the Pure Balance that was fully stocked. After a 1.5 weeks of my pom on this food I noticed he started coughing a lot and then noticed he was eating his own feces and grass. After doing some research of this food, I found that food NOT AAFCO APPROVED. I took the food back to walmart and got my 10.34 refund and went to PetCo and bought 10 lb bag Eukanuba of good nutrients for 36.89. Note: Wal Mart used to sell Eukanuba15 years ago. The Iams was fine, but I'm going back to the Eukanuba better food for my family pet

Edited by moderator Tue Jan 22, '13 5:32pm PST

Edited by forums moderator

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 12:27am PST 
I was buying the Iams small breed dog food at Wal Mart for my Pom and they were out of stock so I bought the Pure Balance that was fully stocked. After a 1.5 weeks of my pom on this food I noticed he started coughing a lot and then noticed he was eating his own feces and grass. After doing some research of this food, I found, it is NOT AAFCO APPROVED. I took the food back to walmart and got my 10.34 refund and went to PetCo and bought 10 lb bag Eukanuba of good nutrients for 36.89. Note: Wal Mart used to sell Eukanuba15 years ago. The Iams was fine, but I'm going back to the Eukanuba, a better food for my family pet

Edited by moderator Tue Jan 22, '13 4:21pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 5:39am PST 
How do we know it's the weekend? Old threads get revived by newbies laugh out loud
Guest..please read the community guidelines. If you think Dogster is a "garbage site" then by all means, don't join uslaugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3