GO!

Best puppy foods?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 25)  
1  2  3  
Manuel

Kiss Me!

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 1:37am PST 
Dogs are omnivores, so they can get their nutrition from both plant and animal matter, but they need both in their diet. I kind of like to refer to them as bear-like. Well, maybe more along the lines of a Brown Bear. Black Bears are more herbivores than omnivores. Diamond, Eukanuba, Merrick, Blue Buffalo, and Fromm all make good quality puppy foods. You could do a home cooked diet. It's something I'm considering, since Manuel is so picky. I'm not the cook in the home (that would be my wife), so I would let her cook for the dogs. I'm not sure she would be up for it though. Manuel is over 100 lbs and Jaylin is a big dog, too. That would be a lot of cooking! There are a lot of good puppy foods on the market. I'm considering switching my dogs to Diamond. I've heard good things. My neighbor feeds Diamond to her dogs and they look great.
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Jul 25, '13 6:09am PST 
wave
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Jul 25, '13 7:31am PST 
Bumping ... !
[notify]

Flicka ~ CGC