GO!

Interesting news about Science Diet

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4  
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 6:07pm PST 
Well, I'll thank this sweet SD employee for at least answering my question, as its one I think many have wanted to know.

I also appreciate that they took the time to answer politely.

Doesn't change my opinion on the product or the company. Certainly doesn't make me any less angry about their totally "unbiased" contribution to the vet community, WHO, btw, recently made the oh-so lovely (nearly unanimous) vote to make “avoid feeding” the official position statement on raw for the AVMA.

Maybe SD wouldn't have such a bad reputation, if they kept their fingers out of everyone else's business big grin

Or, you know, did studies that ACTUALLY benefit the health and well-being of animals, rather than determine within their own product line which of their kibbles will kill your dog least quickly.

Remind me again why there's still corn in cat kibble?
[notify]
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 6:44pm PST 
Mulder, cats are scientifically classified as obligate cornivores.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 6:54pm PST 
Isn't that weird then that somehow high starch, high carbs, low moisture diets with processed corn meal as the primary ingredient is considered "healthy" for them?
[notify]

Farley

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 7:06pm PST 
No big laughbig laugh
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 7:15pm PST 
Oh! Silly me! eek
[notify]
Indy

Can I get a- belly rub?

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 8:37pm PST 
I do think that they are just trying to follow the money trail since customers are starting to actually research nutrition instead of blindly following their vets advice which in a lot of cases has no merit.

Regardless, I think there are a lot of mid-grade foods out there that are probably cheaper then SD without corn/wheat/soy that are just not as easily accessible like healthwise, whole earth farms, nutri source, hi tek naturals, etc.
[notify]
Farley

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 12:12pm PST 
Trading corn in for plastic?

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/plastic-coated -pet-food-kibble.html#.UFy3VRHIS5A.facebook
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 37)  
1  2  3  4