GO!

NEW DIET! Help me out! :)

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Sophie

I'm sweet but- sassy!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 9:19pm PST 
My dog Sophie (who is a 22 pound pom mix) is now going off kibble. I researched a bit & I don't want to do a complete raw food diet (just meats) for a few reasons.

The three main foods I have are Oatmeal, Eggs & tuna. What I want to know is what other meat should I add & will these 4 foods be a good diet/have everything in them she needs?

I would do the oatmeal & eggs mixed together, feeding in the morning. Then the tuna & other meat in the evening with veggies. (Also what veggies would be good?)

Thanks for taking the time out to read this!
[notify]
Sophie

I'm sweet but- sassy!

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '12 9:28pm PST 
Oh and for that other meat, I don't need just one. I would like to switch it out, so please tell me several! Fish even? Anything will help as I am all new to this!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 5:51am PST 
YOu may want to post in the home cooking or raw food diet forum as you may get more responses there way to go
[notify]

Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Aug 16, '12 6:52am PST 
Please do visit the home cooking forum!

To read more about feeding fresh food to your dog read dogaware.
http://www.dogaware.com/diet/homemade.html
It is a vast treasure trove of material on the subject. If you like to hold a book, there are great reviews of books on dog nutrition there. Perhaps you could take that short list to the library or book store and see what you think.
[notify]