GO!

Beneful dog food may be killing dogs

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Tiara

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 11:02am PST 
I hope people keep hitting the facebook page of beneful. Maybe something can finally be done about it.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 9:51pm PST 
Guest, People that think Beneful is healthy have been Benefooled. Purina is owned by a large corporation. They owned Waggin Train, recently recalled dog treats. The FDA linked these Chinese made treats to deaths and illnesses in dogs back in 2011. They even released a warning about it. Conveniently for Purina the FDA can not inspect Chinese plants. Purina just now removed these treats off the market, it's almost been 3 years. Go a head and trust this company.

I am not a rocket scientist, but I am well aware what's in this food. Only the naive would believe a dog food with sugar, artificial colors, propylene glycerol, mostly meat industry trash, SUGAR! is healthy. Also Purina uses Menadione Sodium Bisulfate sourced from China. This is banned in human consumption and the problems people are having with their pets are very similar to why it's banned in people products.

Purina cares, that's why they would make a horrible kibbles and bits like dog food and market it as healthy.

I have a senior dog who still can hike for miles. His coat is shiny and he is beefy looking. I have people tell me this all the time. I would never subject his health to a gimmick dyed pretty colors.
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 9:57pm PST 
People are starting to realize this food sucks and it's going viral. The facebook page for Beneful is getting more negative posts everyday.

I have always hated this food, it's disgusting a company would market it as healthy. It looks like it's biting Purina in the ass now laugh out loud Purina is getting what they deserve for trying to deceive people when there is plenty of information available in the internet age.
[notify]

Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 2:27am PST 
LOL organic homemade treats... I can't afford that laugh out loud

Okay, I'll stop being myself now and recede into the norms of society to make you happy... Or not. dog walk
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 9:29am PST 
Guest, if you can honestly read those ingredients and agree that they are healthful ingredients to eat every day for your entire life, then...well, perhaps we should be re thinking who is labeling who "psycho'. Lol, organic homemade dog treats. People crack me up.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 10:06am PST 
Last year our 4yr old 95lb lab Indy became deathly ill. He was loosing weight and refused to eat. We rushed him to the vet to find he had jaundices and had liver and kidney failure. After several days and many tests the vet could not pin point the problem. A liver biopsy was recommended however we were at our limit for money and decided if he was to die we wanted him at home. We payed the $4000.00 vet bill and brought him home with the medications the we hoped would help him. After several days on his meds and homemade foods he came around. This year, he is back up from 65lbs to his 95lbs and is better then ever. As we looked back we have come to realize he was eating Beneful at the time he became sick and stared refusing to eat. My husband and I strongly believe that the food was the culprit. We strongly caution people to research the foods they are feeding their pets. They are like family and are worth spending the extra costs to give them the best. The pet food companies should have the same regulations as human food.
[notify]
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 11:06am PST 
I just looked on the Beneful facebook page and, just... woah! SO many negative posts. I wasn't really expecting that, especially since product pages are usually suspiciously clean. I'm glad that more people are becoming aware of how low quality foods impact their dog's health, but I wish they didn't have to learn from experience.

It seems like what's being said is that Beneful is killing dogs via toxic ingredients rather than just leading to health problems over time as a result of nutritional problems. I don't believe that's true. I think that its a problematic food that WILL exacerbate certain conditions, but I seriously doubt Purina is putting out poisonous dog food, just bad products in general.

...but in any case, I think we can all agree that Beneful isn't the way to go.
[notify]
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 6:11pm PST 
It's amusing how the responses from Beneful on the FB page are basically "NOPE, YOU'RE ALL WRONG. THESE ARE ALL LIES. OUR FOOD IS GOOD AND HEALTHY".
[notify]
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 3, '13 6:29pm PST 
Yeah, and begging people to PLEASE contact them privately (i.e. stop posting this stuff online where everybody can see it) shh I feel kind of sorry for the employees, but it's their job I suppose shrug
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 4:11am PST 
I seriously doubt Purina is putting out poisonous dog food, just bad products in general.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't. Waggin Train was pretty poisonous. It is possible people are having issues with this food just cause it's unhealthy, but then my kidneys have not failed from all the ramen I eat.

I don't think this company wants a recall.

When I posted this I titled it "may". I have my doubts too. Of course most of us on Dogster are well aware this is not a healthy product to feed. Considering diet is the foundation of health, these issues people are having could be related to poor quality diet.

The Beneful facebook page is a disaster right now. So many people are mad. So many people are realizing this is a unhealthy dog food. I really hope Beneful will disappear.
[notify]
  (Page 6 of 8: Viewing entries 51 to 60)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8