GO!

Beneful dog food may be killing dogs

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Indy

Can I get a- belly rub?

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 8:31pm PST 
If you have facebook, heres a good read, this is coming from a vet too. Though you may end up biting your tongue when you read some of the responses, its amazing how ignorant some people are.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435224379849510&set=a.1829 95915072359.39390.171020129603271&type=1&theater
[notify]
Dodger

Barked: Thu Nov 1, '12 6:02pm PST 
Just got back from the Vet. I have eaten Beneful healthy weight my for 10 years. Now, I have 2 bladder stones & 2 stones in my penis (ouch). No crystals being released, so we don't know what kind they are, but the xray show that they are 'spiny'...like sea urchins.
The Vet is starting me on some special urinary food, antibiotics and pain medicine, but if I stop passing my water...I'm a gonner cry

Surgery from a special surgeon would be best, but we're talking several thousand dollars.
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri Nov 2, '12 8:41pm PST 
Dodger, may all the power of the paw be with you for recovery. In 2010, I nearly died from bladder stones but an emergency surgery saved me...I hope that you've been diagnosed in time to avoid that.
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 8:32am PST 
Poor Dodger hope you make it through!
[notify]
Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 9:34am PST 
We're praying for you Dodger!hug
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 2:25am PST 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=435224379849510&set=a.1829 95915072359.39390.171020129603271&type=1&theater

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I browsed this. A lot of these people where taking their dogs to the vet for allergy shots and were still feeding Beneful. Are some vets so clueless they won't suggest a diet change or do they want the business? I found a vet I liked in GA. I took my dog there for skin problems and they asked me what he was eating. I know this place would of suggested a diet change to those people. They are super busy popular and really don't need extra business.
[notify]
joey

I'm working on- three toys!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 5:53am PST 
Just my 2 cents:

Agree 100 percent with Vance's post.

Wanted to clarify a long-while-back post that implied that sugar caused diabetes. It does not. Your body simply cannot handle sugar well if you develop diabetes.

Yes, a lot of people feed Beneful because of cost and easy availability. I think it helps to gently tell people who feed it that while it's cheap, the more expensive brands aren't all that much more expensive when you compare the amount you need to feed. Generally, the amount is less, so your cost is not as high as you would think. You also may end up with fewer vet visits!

Poor dogs - not able to read up on dog food, make their own choices, and go out and buy what they want!

Get well soon, Dodger!
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Sun Nov 25, '12 4:26pm PST 
I do not feed anything by purina. They claim on the commercial that their food is food for the dog and that their food is made with real meat. But meat is well down on the list. I think purina is not interested in dog health at all , but more into making money without spending anything to make it. It is to bad this whole post can not be sent to them, and see what they say.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 11:08am PST 
I used Beniful for years! We have had so many issues with our dogs it's almost unbelievable. Finally we changed vets and our new vet said point blank.... Get your dogs off Beniful!! He told us he sees alot of dogs with issues who are also on Beniful! Over the course of apx ten years we lost two to cancer we have a third one who is still alive but also has cancer, we have also had to have bladder stones removed twice from another dog, and one with seizures. We have been off Beniful for almost a year and definately see the difference. Our seizure dog has quit having seizures, our dog that kids the stones has not yet had them return. I definately say if you are using Beniful STOP.....
[notify]
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 8:35pm PST 
The Beneful facebook page is blowing up with complaints and concerns right now. People may be getting weary since they are hearing about the Waggin Train recall. It's all mostly kindneys and seizures. If this is actually happening, they need to recall. I don't get seizures when I eat Mc Donalds.
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8