GO!

blue buffalo being bought by purina

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 2:37pm PST 
Thanks Chance! I would be very disappointed in BB if this rumor were true.
[notify]
Daisy Baby

Daddy's Spoiled- Little Girl!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 3:12pm PST 
She is pretty high up there and works very close to the ceo's. I am sure I was not suppost to say anything but the time line she gave me was by summer of 2013. They can deny it all they want, same as what happend to EVO they denied it until it was on the news. It's in the works though...
[notify]
Kazba

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 3:40pm PST 
Well if the deal is not final yet, then they will say nothing is up. You see this all the time in business when one is taken over by another. I am not a fan of blue at all, so it does not bug me at all. Also do not feed anything purina so I am not at a loss over this.
[notify]

Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:05pm PST 
I suspect that some of the business and stock related reporting might start picking up on this, if there is any substance to the possibility. If dicussions are going on, I would expect that it would be EXTREMELY close hold until the deal is essentially done.

I think I'm gonna go dig around in the business and finance section of the news for awhile.
[notify]

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:33pm PST 
My my this did cause a bit of a stir on Facebook...as others have commented, strictly denials so far (but perhaps as would be expected)...nothing unusual in the business news or stock exchange either.

Well...we are dogs after all, if anyone can dig this up we can, yes?
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 8:47am PST 
confused Can good companies please stop selling out? Yeesh. I hope this isn't final.
[notify]

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 10:00am PST 
Charlie, I hear ya pal...however, it's a business and in the end the $$$ speaks so loudly to humans, unlike us dogs.
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 CL4- OAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 11:04am PST 
Blah... I just hope Champion can stay independant. At least Innova hasnt suffered much, yet from the P&G buy out. Hopefully it'll stay good enough long enough for people to switch if needed.

I truely believe small(er) private owned companies truely do value their product, and even though it is still a buisness, do not put money first. I truely think it makes a difference in quality.. ( human food too) for example.. have you ever had Walmart value fishsticks? Discusting!! LOL - I'm not a huge fishstick fan.. use to eat a lot when I was younger, but the difference between Gordons and Walmart value is huge.. kinda like Ol' Roy and Orijen.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 11:07am PST 
Now that this is out there, it'll be interesting to see what can get dug up on this possible sell out!

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next year.

Of course, the people below the top at BB may not know if anything is in the works for a sale. They can say "absolutely not" and actually mean it.
Most of the companies I'm used to dealing with, the average worker isn't allowed anywhere near a high-level employee whether it's face-to-face or via phone or e-mail. And their bosses better have a very good reason to bother a high level employee.
[notify]

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '12 8:03pm PST 
One can also hope that when a mega corporation buys a smaller, but premium quality company, that they want to hold onto that share of the market and they won't degrade the quality.
[notify]
(Page 2 of 3: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3