GO!

blue buffalo being bought by purina

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Daisy Baby

Daddy's Spoiled- Little Girl!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 12:14am PST 
I have a friend who works at purina and they are in the final stages of selling blue buffalo to purina. Just an fyi..not sure i was to post this but you guys need to know...

Edited by author Tue Jun 26, '12 1:28pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Mon Jun 25, '12 8:30am PST 
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:04am PST 
Thank-you for the info Daisy. I guess the search for a new food begins.Just what to choose with all of the problems out there.
[notify]

Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:07am PST 
Ugh. One of the few foods that my dog likes and does well on, that hasn't had as many recall issues. I've been working up to transitioning off kibble entirely and this just might push me over the edge.
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:09am PST 
How sad frown
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:31am PST 
Sigh. First Innova/Evo, now this. cry We're on raw but buy small bags of food as treats, sad cause he liked their Wilderness line!
[notify]
Daisy Baby

Daddy's Spoiled- Little Girl!

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:37am PST 
I know how sad this is...I have seen a few comments on blue's facebook page that also say that purina is buying them out...sad, but really shows that the company is only out for the money. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
[notify]
Ginger

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:38am PST 
That's too bad! We are currently eating Fromm 4-Star Nutritionals dry food. It is considered a low grain food, but not grain free. We like it and seem to be doing fine on it. There are several formulas to rotate too. We like variety and change food often.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 12:44pm PST 
Daisy Baby,

What does your friend at Purina do that he/she is privy to such secret info?
I have not been able to locate even a hint of a deal in any business pubs.

The post on the Blue Buff FB page that say they are selling was not made by the company.
In fact one poster replied saying he/she heard it was being bought by Hills.

Not saying that what you posted was untrue, just curious.
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 2:00pm PST 
Here is the response I just got from BB: "This is 100% false, we're not being purchased by Purina, any other brand or company."
[notify]
(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3